Hester done. Straight to HOF

Patriots need to sign him. Their return guys can't catch a cold let alone a football.

Advertisement
If Hester doesn't get into the HOF then they should close the HOF down and stop inducting anybody into the HOF.

Advertisement
won'tbe a HoFer

How you figure??

Of the 303 members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there isn't even one who spent his career primarily as a return man. If Brain Mitchell Can't get in no way Hester makes it.

Brian Mitchell doesn't hold the all time return record. Hester revolutionized the way the position was and had Goodell not f'd up the way ST is played, Hester would have at least 5 more TDs to his credit. Let's not include all of the TDs called back from holds or clips. I've had to luxury to follow him as a Cane and Bear and D Hest, aka ANY TIME, is that dude and he will be in the HOF...maybe not first or second ballot, but he will break the status quo.

won'tbe a HoFer

How you figure??

Of the 303 members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there isn't even one who spent his career primarily as a return man. If Brain Mitchell Can't get in no way Hester makes it.
That's such a stupid reason. there wasn't ever a player who spent his career solely as a punter in the HOF....until Ray Guy just got in. Just because there hasn't been one doesn't mean there can't be. He carried the team to a sb and returned the opening kick. He's HOF bound. So is gore, reed, Lewis, Wayne, and possibly dre.

Hester, Greg Olsen, Calais Campbell, Sam Shields. Tore up the NFL but don't tell me how great they were at Miami. All of them were better than average but that's it. That seems to be a pattern for the last fifteen years.

Advertisement
won'tbe a HoFer

Mane that **** returned the opening kickoff in the superbowl... He helped the Bears get to the superbowl mane returning kicks, remember Rex Grossman was the qb

I remember an Onion headline about how the Bears carried Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl.

A handful of Onion headlines are actually 100% accurate. And this was one of them.

Last edited:
I don't know if he'll get in simply because of his position but if the Hall of Fame should ever put in a return man, Hester is clearly the guy. He's the best returner to ever lace 'em up and revolutionized the position. Guys like Brian Mitchell and David Meggett stocked their yards and stats just based on pure longevity. Hester literally changed the sport with how special teams were schemed.

Advertisement
Devin Hester waited an extra year to become a Cane. Let that sink in with these whack recruits of today! He'll make the HOF

I don't know if he'll get in simply because of his position but if the Hall of Fame should ever put in a return man, Hester is clearly the guy. He's the best returner to ever lace 'em up and revolutionized the position. Guys like Brian Mitchell and David Meggett stocked their yards and stats just based on pure longevity. Hester literally changed the sport with how special teams were schemed.

Until Devin came along, the KO return was defined by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the old 1970's and early 80's Houston Oilers. As great as he was, Devin Hester blew him away. Absolutely should be in the HOF.

Until Devin came along, the KO return was defined by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the old 1970's and early 80's Houston Oilers. As great as he was, Devin Hester blew him away. Absolutely should be in the HOF.

I'd argue that Johnson changed the sport from just a celebration perspective. First well known signature dance in the game.

Advertisement
Probably not.

Are any guys who were primarily returners in the HOF?

The guy from KC (Joe Hall?) was pretty good for awhile and I don't think he sniffed a ballot.

Ray Guy was the only punter for awhile and there have been some good ones.

But, who knows? Maybe they'll start electing some returners in the future....

won'tbe a HoFer

On the other hand, Wilfork is a shoe-in for the HOF (to join Lewis and Reed whenever they're eligible).

Reggie Wayne's career including a SB ring gives him a decent shot, too.

If Graham can keep producing, we may get a TE in the future, too - but he'll need a few more solid years for sure...

Probably not.

The guy from KC (Joe Hall?) was pretty good for awhile and I don't think he sniffed a ballot.

won'tbe a HoFer
Dante Hall was good for 2-3 years. He couldn't sniff Hester's jock strap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there are 0 return guys in the HOF.

I'd be happy if it happened, but history seems to be against us...

Probably not.

won'tbe a HoFer
Dante Hall was good for 2-3 years. He couldn't sniff Hester's jock strap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back