Herndon Talks Commitment

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Norcross (Ga.) tight end Chris Herndon was one of many participants in the Al Golden Football camp on saturday who was looking to impress the coaches. Not only did he impress the coaches, but he made them happy when he decided to become a Hurricane.

“I just like the campus and I like what the coaches had to say. They make me feel at home because one of the things I focused on was distance because I live in Atlanta, so that’s a nine hour drive, but he told me it would be like I never left home because the team is one big family.”

Herndon wasn’t the only one excited after committing as the coaches were thrilled as well.

“They all got excited and started jumping around and shaking my hand, it felt great.”

The Norcross product was working with tight ends coach Larry Scott most of the time and enjoyed learning from him.

“He taught me a couple new catching drills and footwork drills. He’s pretty fun, but he is tough. He is not too hard but not too soft.”

The Georgia native didn’t participate in the majority of the camp as he was only there for coach Scott to evaluate him.

“I didn’t really didn’t do the whole camp, because coach Scott just wanted me to do a couple routes and catch a few passes, but overall I did pretty good out there.”

When asked if he is solidly committed, Herndon didn’t shy away.

“I’m solidly committed there. I really don’t want to look at any other schools because thats where I want to be.”

The 6’4 220 pound prospect rates his level of commitment at a 100% and talked about the next time he will visit.

“Yeah, I’ll probably wait until during the year and use an official visit or come see a game during the season.”

Herndon had one message to leave Miami fans:

“I’m excited to be a Hurricane and I can’t wait to join the family officially next year.”

Advertisement
I was looking at his Twitter and we he touched he stated "I could see myself living here"

The very next day he committed.....thats awesome man.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U!!! Glad we start hitting Georgia hard, a lot of studs in that state.

Is he more of a catching TE, blocking TE, both?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back