Here's Whats Going to Happen

jar4989

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
If a college coach getting fired was broken down into a 5 step process, having your best players coming to your defense unprovoked is probably somewhere between step 3 and 4. In any case, this is how I realistically see this mess playing out. Canes will likely lose their final 2 games, which will turn the heat index from simmering to piping hot. As a result, Golden will need to take some action to save himself and give the appearance that he's willing to make 'needed' changes with the promise of future improvement. The school will go with it because, well, they don't have much of a choice. Replacing Duke, Perryman, Dorsett, Walford, Flowers, among others that will be gone next year with the pretty much empty empty depth chart we already have will be basically insurmountable. Next year we will likely go 6-6 or something close to it, and that will be too much for anyone to take, leading to Golden finally getting the axe.

Advertisement
why doesn't the school have much of a choice? i think that's why everyone is so frustrated...they do have a choice, they're just dumb enough to believe golden's spin on all this and believe he's the man who will turn us around. unfortunately i agree with you and thats how i see it playing out as well. although who knows, with our clueless administration, next year golden might spin it as us being a young team, we lost the leading rusher in cane history, lost our best lb, are installing a new defense (if he fires donofrio), buy into the process, etc, and they may fall for it again.

Condaleeza Rice will sort this all out. And, we'll go on a run that makes the 80's/90's look like a popcorn fart.

Condaleeza Rice will sort this all out. And, we'll go on a run that makes the 80's/90's look like a popcorn fart.

Condi and Butch. Massive tailgates and sold out stadiums. Ships and young generation knows what it is like to win one.

Advertisement
See, the problem is we'll probably beat Pitt and win our bowl game. 8 wins is enough for fat *** to keep his job in the eyes of our administration. I'd go as far to say that if we split (7-6) twinkie **** is still safe!

The way things going....Golden will get an contract extension for being in a 3 way tie for 3rd

I'd be willing to bet Condi's hymen has not been broken. If she were to become the next UM Prez, the good thing is she'd be totally behind football and have a greater desire to field a winning team and staff.

If he isn't fired after the season, UM will suffer for it, and good. No one will give a **** about the team next year.

Advertisement
I'm holding out hope that a school like Illinois or Rutgers will go after him. I think he will accept just about any offer from another power 5 school.

I think that what will happen is that there will be participation trophies for everyone

hooray

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back