Here's the real issue with our DB Coaching

caneballza

Sophomore
If you're going to essentially have 3 assistant coaches in DB slots ( Banda as Safeties coach, Patkhe as Striker and Rumph as CB), you better have one of the most elite DB programs in the entire country.

And I think we all know we're far from that. All phases there are lacking, from recruiting to on the field production. So I think we really need to make changes there. Either you keep the 3 DB coach strategy and make changes to the coaching personnel there. Or you consolidate the DB coaching role or Striker role with the LBs and use the new opening to hire a Special Teams coach (what I would do)

Advertisement
If you're going to essentially have 3 assistant coaches in DB slots ( Banda as Safeties coach, Patkhe as Striker and Rumph as CB), you better have one of the most elite DB programs in the entire country.

And I think we all know we're far from that. All phases there are lacking, from recruiting to on the field production. So I think we really need to make changes there. Either you keep the 3 DB coach strategy and make changes to the coaching personnel there. Or you consolidate the DB coaching role or Striker role with the LBs and use the new opening to hire a Special Teams coach (what I would do)
I agree but isn't Patke also LB's coach?

I agree, the way our DB are out of place woith communication issues. That is on coaching. Long bombs being completed with no safety in sight. ?????

I agree but isn't Patke also LB's coach?

His exact role is "Assistant Coach / Strikers / Special Teams." And look sometimes those strikers perform well. Romeo Finley has been a bright spot. Patke is a good guys and there is some production from him, albeit small. But recruiting there is suspect and special teams we all know has been a huge variable in 2 losses already, was a problem last year.

Advertisement
Would like to see a different safeties coach. Dont know how Howell torched Bandy and Gurvan Hall

Advertisement
Back