Here's my thoughts on Richt's staff

RL52U

Redshirt Freshman
OL - Neil Callaway Western Kentucky. - He was a good friend of Richt's and left for the UAB job. When he was with Richt they won the SEC title. I suspect he's coming because the Western Kentucky OC is Helton the USC Coach's brother and probably will be the new OC at USC.

WR Coach / Co-OC - Zach Azzanni (Tennesee) - He's the passing game coordinator was an assistant under Urban Meyer. Butch Jones looks to be on the hotseat, and it isn't Azzani's fault. He's a beast with receivers, and with the opportunity to learn under CMR how to add QBs and coach them and the stability coach Richt brings look for him to be the guy.
If not it will be John Eason

TE/Special Teams - John Lilly - Another Richt friend. He was also at FSU and has ties in the state.

RB - Ice. He's a good recruiter and does a great job.

Defensive Line - Craig Kuligowski - Missouri...just google the guy.

DC/LBs - Manny Diaz. Knows Richt from being at FSU as a GA. The opportunity to coach the at Miami fits better than Miss. State. He knows how to get it done and he left Miss. State for Texas as Mack Brown's dumpster fire began to burn. Had to fight to get his spot back. He's from Miami...it should be obvious he's going to be the DC.

Not Sure who will be in the secondary. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are 2 coaches. A Safeties and a Corners or something like that.

This is what I think it will be so it's all speculation, but this stuff sort of makes sense.

Advertisement
for sure i think McClendon, Lily, Richt's son, Kevin Sherrer, Martinez, and Rocker come.

OL - Neil Callaway Western Kentucky. - He was a good friend of Richt's and left for the UAB job. When he was with Richt they won the SEC title. I suspect he's coming because the Western Kentucky OC is Helton the USC Coach's brother and probably will be the new OC at USC.

WR Coach / Co-OC - Zach Azzanni (Tennesee) - He's the passing game coordinator was an assistant under Urban Meyer. Butch Jones looks to be on the hotseat, and it isn't Azzani's fault. He's a beast with receivers, and with the opportunity to learn under CMR how to add QBs and coach them and the stability coach Richt brings look for him to be the guy.

TE/Special Teams - John Lilly - Another Richt friend. He was also at FSU and has ties in the state.

DC/LBs - Manny Diaz. Knows Richt from being at FSU as a GA. The opportunity to coach the at Miami fits better than Miss. State. He knows how to get it done and he left Miss. State for Texas as Mack Brown's dumpster fire began to burn. Had to fight to get his spot back. He's from Miami...it should be obvious he's going to be the DC.

Not Sure who will be in the secondary. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are 2 coaches. A Safeties and a Corners or something like that.

This is what I think it will be so it's all speculation, but this stuff sort of makes sense.

I like Callaway as the OL coach.
He would be a nice get.
He's an old Bama, but I believe he is originally from the Tampa area.

I'm not too keen on Diaz, but if Richt hires him I would have to trust his decision as he
has faced his defenses. But I think there is better DC candidates out there.
If he is hired, I suspect Diaz brings Chris Wilson with him as DL coach.
Wilson was his co-DC at Mississippi State.

Advertisement

I like Callaway as the OL coach.
He would be a nice get.
He's an old Bama, but I believe he is originally from the Tampa area.

I'm not too keen on Diaz, but if Richt hires him I would have to trust his decision as he
has faced his defenses. But I think there is better DC candidates out there.
If he is hired, I suspect Diaz brings Chris Wilson with him as DL coach.
Wilson was his co-DC at Mississippi State.

Not a bad list. Pretty realistic.

Yeah, I've been talking about Callaway and think he is probably one of the best options at OL, he's also got experience as OC. He's more of a coach then a recruiter which is something we desperately need on the line.

I think John Lilly is the highest probability out of all coaches you listed so I could definitely see him here. I don't think Ice stays. I think Brian McClendon comes in at WR or RB/Recruiting Coordinator/Asst HC.

As far as defense goes, I think we'll see Tracy Rocker coming down here but Kuligowski would be a great hire as well. Only way I want Diaz here is to be the DB coach. Don't want him with full control of DC.

Advertisement
Hey I'm not some big Diaz fan boy, but the fact he knows Richt. He's from Miami, and he's fielded some good defenses over the years I just think Richt will hire him. Is he a super hire? No, but I think he could build something here with Richt. He had some good defenses at NC State, and at Miss State.

Advertisement
HC/QB Mark Richt (Play Caller)
RB Bryan McClendon (CO-OC)
TE John Lilly (CO-OC)
OL Neil Callaway
WR Kevin Beard

DC Tyrone Nix
DL Tracy Rocker
LB Mike Barrow
CB Mike Rumph
S Todd Hartley

Hey I'm not some big Diaz fan boy, but the fact he knows Richt. He's from Miami, and he's fielded some good defenses over the years I just think Richt will hire him. Is he a super hire? No, but I think he could build something here with Richt. He had some good defenses at NC State, and at Miss State.

Super hire is what we are going for here...

Advertisement
I'll be posting my thoughts on the staff at 2:00 pm on Tuesday. You should probably cancel whatever you had planned at that time to ensure that you don't miss my thoughts.

Advertisement
Back