Here is the key stat

Advertisement
They were also one of the least penalized defenses in the country

Tough to beat teams that don't get penalized and don't let you finish drives with TDs

You seem to forget that, for people who have issues with him, the biggest concern is that Diaz's defense gives up huge plays. Red Zone defense doesn't mean anything if you are giving up 20+ yard touchdowns...

That's one of those potentially misleading and meaningless stats if you're still giving up a lot of points. I don't care if you're scoring on me from the red zone or from outside the red zone. My concern is if you're scoring too much on me.

Advertisement
Miss St #10 in Red Zone Defense

Miami Fla #111 Red Zone Defense

Another fool comparing him to No Dofrio.

Those rankings are measured against the rest of the country. It's bizarre to dismiss it because another one of those 128 teams is also listed.

We can't have it both ways. Nullifying the importance of this stat is the same as saying an O was terrible in the RZ but "had enough big plays to make up for it." Silly. Is it enough to guarantee success? Not in the least. Is it important? Yes.

The attempts to pin Diaz down to failure RIGHT FREAKING NOW by mitigating his positives is unnecessary. Any category you're top 15 in is noteworthy, while not absolute. I'd call this hire a push, but by no means am I willing to concede it's the train wreck some of you are. Makes no sense.

You seem to forget that, for people who have issues with him, the biggest concern is that Diaz's defense gives up huge plays. Red Zone defense doesn't mean anything if you are giving up 20+ yard touchdowns...

Mark, is that you?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back