Here’s how you know if it’s really TNM

Advertisement
It's the classic chicken/ egg scenario. Saban was a winner before coming to Bama as was Meyer. They were both going to bring in talent the moment they set foot on campus. Both had won NCs elsewhere.

Smart, and this is just my $.02, accelerated his ascent in the recruiting world by paying recruits. He is a good recruiter at his baseline, but from what I know, he's used unsavory methods to procure great talent.

:roll-canes2:Can't argue with that :roll-canes2:

Manny needs to win the coastal and then needs to dominate his honeymoon recruiting class of 2020. The march to the top isn't happening in year 1 or 2, but the pieces have to start being stacked.

Agree again. One game is not going to do it. Manny has to show it's an upwards trajectory and finish strong.

Yeah except all those coaches had/have boosters to buy their recruits. Manny doesn't. HUGE difference
thats the thing our booster who wanted UM to win i nthe worst way went to prison, sometimes I dont know how much the boosters want to win maybe someone else can answer that.

Strong work @wushah...agree completely. UNC is the real measuring stick game. Game one for most teams is going to be mistake filled. Add youth and inexperience in key positions, and we see the result. Jarren was shockingly good for a first go at it. I think he was 12-15 at one point. Our coaches have to help him out. Franchise and perhaps others have mentioned the futility of running slow developing plays against a DL that is coming downhill against inexperienced players. We had big plays, which was refreshing, and in spite of Coach Richt's denial they do matter. And we had several bonehead plays. So, lots to teach from in the film of that game. Will we learn? UNC will tell the tell. We won't be a finished product after the UNC game, but we should be significantly more efficient than we were last night.

Advertisement
Back