HERBSTREIT/FOWLER and the rest of the country

I don't understand what everybody is so upset about. Very few people expected us to beat FSU this year anyway.

If you can't see the promise from last night then I don't know what to tell you. We had true Freshmen Linebackers out there sticking FSU's older 5-stars. We had true Freshmen Defensive Ends beating FSU's highly rated Offensive Linemen. We had a true Freshman Wide Receiver who was beating FSU's DB's. And this is the first season under a brand new staff with new schemes.

FSU still needed a BS targeting call, a blocked field goal, a phantom holding call and countless mistakes by our QB and WR's to pull the game off by 1 point.

Losses suck, but sometimes a lot can be learned and/or seen in a loss. Some losses contain many positives.

My FSU friends are busting my balls but they all know that this bullsh!t is about to come to an end.

Oddly, your comments are the first ones that have me cooling my jets.

So for that, thanks.

Except it completely ignores FSU started a freshman QB while Kaaya is 3 year starter and projected first round draft pick.

Not to mention FSUs defense was without their best player and is overall a pretty young unit.

We are without our two best players on defense and are a young unit. Seems like the Canes figured it out. Might just be possible that FSUs defense, which was supposed to be a strength of the team, is finally starting to play like they were expected to. This is probably the fifteenth time I have said this but it apparently our "fans" are too dumb to understand: Kaaya has never been a run pass option qb. He is now being asked in his third year to go from pocket passer to an option qb. Name one qb at any level, who has been asked to go from traditional pocket passer to RPO qb and has been successful. Kaaya lit up FSU past two years (with better defenses). All season we've been saying he doesn't look the same. Eventually even the most dense fan might put two and two together and realize that Kaaya has been asked to run the worst offense for his skill set. Richt seems like he has realized this after the FSU game and has said he will go with less RPO and more pro style so we should see Kaaya with much improved performances. I have no doubt the dummies will see the improved numbers at the end of the year and say "Oh, why couldn't he do that against FSU, what a choker." Hard to talk football with people who don't understand the first thing about it.

Advertisement
Fowler gave us the "kiss of death" before the extra point try by saying Badgley has made 72 in a row

I hope you don't really believe that. He has a long streak and that wasn't the first time it's been said he's made "xx" amount of PAT's in a row.

The most glaring thing I see is our O Line. Is it the play calling or are they not as good as we were hoping they were?

The most glaring thing I see is our O Line. Is it the play calling or are they not as good as we were hoping they were?

I think it's hard to say yet based on running a brand new offense. Gotta understand that this isn't like asking a OL to go from running traps or dives to counters. Entirely new blocking scheme and terminology in the RPO (you don't even pass block, it's all run blocking). I think there is discomfort at all positions, qb, TE, wrs, Oline with the scheme, which is why Richt said he is going away from it.

I don't understand what everybody is so upset about. Very few people expected us to beat FSU this year anyway.

If you can't see the promise from last night then I don't know what to tell you. We had true Freshmen Linebackers out there sticking FSU's older 5-stars. We had true Freshmen Defensive Ends beating FSU's highly rated Offensive Linemen. We had a true Freshman Wide Receiver who was beating FSU's DB's. And this is the first season under a brand new staff with new schemes.

FSU still needed a BS targeting call, a blocked field goal, a phantom holding call and countless mistakes by our QB and WR's to pull the game off by 1 point.

Losses suck, but sometimes a lot can be learned and/or seen in a loss. Some losses contain many positives.

My FSU friends are busting my balls but they all know that this bullsh!t is about to come to an end.

Oddly, your comments are the first ones that have me cooling my jets.

So for that, thanks.

Except it completely ignores FSU started a freshman QB while Kaaya is 3 year starter and projected first round draft pick.

Not to mention FSUs defense was without their best player and is overall a pretty young unit.

Well their QB is a Redshirt Freshman (yes that RS year makes a difference) and their roster is loaded with 4/5 star players.

Our front-7 is loaded with underclassmen. The most dominant player on the field Saturday night was our Sophomore Defensive Tackle.

Combine that with the fact that we lost Jermaine Grace and AQM.

Advertisement
Taking pride and joy in losing to a bad FSU team AGAIN sure does make me hard and stiff.

Yeah. Lol, probably CMRs chance to win a big game. He aint going up to FSU and wiining in 2017.
Then he has a "but..but..new QB" excuse in 2018

Advertisement
Back