HERBSTREIT/FOWLER and the rest of the country

SoleCane

Band
Banned
Meanwhile everyone in the country are dropping 50+ points on each other with no D and Halloween costumes for uniforms...

I know Streit/Fowler saw an old school gladiator match. Two heavy weights throwing punches and no one backing down. Even though we lost, I am pleased with the old culture returning. Going back to our roots. Even Herbie said Miami has always been known for defense...

Like Denzel said, you gotta be who you are in this world....

Advertisement
graphics-ok-020920.gif

the best part of the game was everyone showering the field with debris on the bs targeting penalty. that was classic.

that blocked PAT is a gut shot and anyone who overreacts emotionally to it is justified given what miami has been through since 2002.

if you dont spend some time distraught and ****ed over yesterday and immediately go to "i support cmr and lets get ready for UNC" then you arent the same category as the people ive met IRL from this site and WEZ.

feel bad for that crowd, even though i know they dont want any sympathy.

the best part of the game was everyone showering the field with debris on the bs targeting penalty. that was classic.

that blocked PAT is a gut shot and anyone who overreacts emotionally to it is justified given what miami has been through since 2002.

if you dont spend some time distraught and ****ed over yesterday and immediately go to "i support cmr and lets get ready for UNC" then you arent the same category as the people ive met IRL from this site and WEZ.

feel bad for that crowd, even though i know they dont want any sympathy.

If you think CMR was going to magically waive his bible and pray this team up to the WEZ standard in 10 months; then u need Jesus to bring you back to earth and reality. I'll take the quick flashes or glimpses of improvement to what we know Richt is building to - MIAMI football.

Hoping that block PAT ends up being our Michigan vs Michigan State game from last year when they blew the game on the punt block. That was an awful lose but they ended the season on the high note and now they looking like they playoff caliber team. We all knew this team wasn't going undefeated and it sucks losing to FSU once again but the season isn't over.

Advertisement
We lost. I am trying to forget about every part of this game as soon as possible.

We lost. I am trying to forget about every part of this game as soon as possible.

I'm trying to forget as well. Woke up with that sickening feeling in my stomach. I'm not afraid to say it - I'm apart of that move on to UNC crowd.

I don't understand what everybody is so upset about. Very few people expected us to beat FSU this year anyway.

If you can't see the promise from last night then I don't know what to tell you. We had true Freshmen Linebackers out there sticking FSU's older 5-stars. We had true Freshmen Defensive Ends beating FSU's highly rated Offensive Linemen. We had a true Freshman Wide Receiver who was beating FSU's DB's. And this is the first season under a brand new staff with new schemes.

FSU still needed a BS targeting call, a blocked field goal, a phantom holding call and countless mistakes by our QB and WR's to pull the game off by 1 point.

Losses suck, but sometimes a lot can be learned and/or seen in a loss. Some losses contain many positives.

My FSU friends are busting my balls but they all know that this bullsh!t is about to come to an end.

I don't understand what everybody is so upset about. Very few people expected us to beat FSU this year anyway.

If you can't see the promise from last night then I don't know what to tell you. We had true Freshmen Linebackers out there sticking FSU's older 5-stars. We had true Freshmen Defensive Ends beating FSU's highly rated Offensive Linemen. We had a true Freshman Wide Receiver who was beating FSU's DB's. And this is the first season under a brand new staff with new schemes.

FSU still needed a BS targeting call, a blocked field goal, a phantom holding call and countless mistakes by our QB and WR's to pull the game off by 1 point.

Losses suck, but sometimes a lot can be learned and/or seen in a loss. Some losses contain many positives.

My FSU friends are busting my balls but they all know that this bullsh!t is about to come to an end.

This defense has a chance to be frighteningly good if Richt can add a few savage DBs.

Advertisement
If u want to win a title its about defense and this is how miami was built and its how bamais bhilt do t get it twisted. Our d will bechampionship caliber next season and that will allow us to walk into acc title games religiously. The offense wil eventually catvh up practicing against that savageness every week

Agreed. I think the one thing you saw last night is that we need a few more playmakers. We really were leaning on Coley offensively all night and I thought he played awesome. If our Linebackers continue to stay healthy and learn now to make those game defining plays we will be ferocious.

With 2 intelligent and consistent safeties no one would score TDs against this defense.

Good post overall Macho, but U shouldn't start out with a plea for Us to base our expectation levels off of what outsiders are saying or predicting. That rightfully doesn't work for Canes fans.

I hate the commentary all night, Fowler was condescending towards Us and acted blind/dumb/fake neutral whenever a call was obviously in our favor. Him and Herbstreit acted like everything was up in the air or could go either way instead of being firm with the calls and no calls that went against Us. Herbstreit sung the praises of McGuire and Francois (somewhat justifiably) the entire night, talking about their leadership and how FSU is so classy and united blah blah blah.

Fowler hates Us and Herbstreit is a closet Canes admirer who plays both sides depending on his on-air colleague during our games.

Taking pride and joy in losing to a bad FSU team AGAIN sure does make me hard and stiff.

Advertisement

Agreed. I think the one thing you saw last night is that we need a few more playmakers. We really were leaning on Coley offensively all night and I thought he played awesome. If our Linebackers continue to stay healthy and learn now to make those game defining plays we will be ferocious.

I'd say offensive lineman plus defensive depth are most important. Oline needs to open some holes.

This defense has a chance to be frighteningly good if Richt can add a few savage DBs.

A few savage DBs added to this D and its over. Best D in the country. Going to the playoffs.

Sup Coach Nacho. I see you're rocking the FSU logo now.

Advertisement
...Very few people expected us to beat FSU this year anyway.

If you can't see the promise from last night then I don't know what to tell you...

+1...level headed...as usual from CM...lots of encouragment to take away from game.

What IF Miami runs ACCCD table and makes ACCCG? Is the season lost? Is Richt a washed up corch?

Canes have to get mad, get over it. UNC is up next and what happened against FSU had no bearing what will in happen in 4Qs against the Tar Heels

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
- Sir Winston Churchill

Enough with the wailing and flailing like clubbed baby harp seals...is this what Canes fans have come to? Our Cane Nation is better than this.

Fowler gave us the "kiss of death" before the extra point try by saying Badgley has made 72 in a row

Oddly, your comments are the first ones that have me cooling my jets.

So for that, thanks.

Oddly, your comments are the first ones that have me cooling my jets.

So for that, thanks.

Except it completely ignores FSU started a freshman QB while Kaaya is 3 year starter and projected first round draft pick.

Not to mention FSUs defense was without their best player and is overall a pretty young unit.

Advertisement
Back