Herbie said

I was at all the OB game being mentioned. The proximity of the fans to the field, the fact that the rivets holding the ol' Girl together would shake, and the old school stadium lights would vibrate and sway making you see the noise is something that will never be replicated. It was what made the OB, the OB.

In terms of pure noise though, last night was as loud as it gets, period. Yes, the Rock has been engineered for it, no question, but what really made the difference was a fanbase that was told for a decade an a half, we were living in the past. That our expectations were, "out of kilter." That we weren't trusting, "the process." That we don't "support" our team. That we were wrong about everything last night proved was right!

Was it the OB? No, it wasn't the OB. But you bet your asses it was as loud as any opposing team will ever have to deal with-- It was MIAMI HURRICANES LOUD!

PS- Dolphin fans stop drooling, you'll never be able to make the stadium move like Canes, even if some of us are one in the same.

Advertisement
Did anyone else hear Fowler say that someone threw a beer bottle at the ND bus when they arrived and broke a window?

Intimidation right from the start.

That's not intimidation, that's stupidity. What got Kelly shook was when he realized that his offensive line couldn't block anyone on the Miami front. That's when he realized "Oh ****, I'm screwed"

I couldnt hear him or fowler during the game while watching in my living room.

Yes, it was loud as ****, but that's a sound issue in your television. If you, seems others as well, can't hear (not just football, but many shows) dialogue you need to adjust the sound settings on your television. Television's are sent out with loud moments amplified to make the sound seen more exciting as if you were in a theater. All at the expense of dialogue and it's annoying as ****.

Thanks ill have to look into that. I am by no means saying you are wrong either, but I have never had that happen during any other game and I watch a LOT of football.

Advertisement
I was there last night 45 yard line row 14 and could stand right behind our bench when i wanted to. Yes it was loud but it was NOT as loud as the WEZ back in the day. It was not as loud as the Sugar Bowl against Alabama or as loud as the Swamp against the Gators. Our new stadium is awesome guys. Its gorgeous and now with full houses intimidating. VT was very loud last week too. ND plays in great venues almost every week but they were NOT ready for what Manny and the fans brought them last night. It was glorious

That place was off the chain loud. I’ve been to a lot of places and last night dwarfed the biggest college stadiums around the country

Advertisement
From a pure noise level, last night was as loud or even a little louder than any game I have ever attended at the OB. From an overall game experience standpoint, of course nothing touches the OB. But last night was amazing!!

So was I. Hard Rock is the bomb.

That can't be true.
Nothing has ever been louder than the old Orange Bowl according to many experts on this site.

Most of you weren't even alive... but the 89 game at the OB vs ND was just as loud. Its 1A - 1B.. No matter, both were LOUD and ELECTRIC.... with the same result! a ND asskickin!!! Go Canes!

I was alive. Been watching games since the early 80's. Stop with that nonsense.

Advertisement
Back