Herbert and Slaton

canes1239

Freshman
Like Pete said, these two will make or break our recruiting class this year. Games are won in the trenches. It doesn't matter if you have Randy Moss and Jerry Rice split out wide, if you don't have time to throw the ball, you're in for a rough time.

Advertisement
Fat guys are nice. But you need the guys who score from anywhere at any time. FSU could stockpile all the OL they wanted but they weren't winning **** without Winston and Cuck and Benjamin and Greene.

Advertisement
the problem is the upper echelon teams are getting the top OL/DL AND the WR's to go with it...

Plus we haven't signed them yet. Still a long ways to go.

Hard to have much hope after the mess this class has become. Do we really land these two?

So just because we didnt land a long shot recruit the entire class is now shot? Solid 26 posts rook

My bad, guess I can't have an opinion because I don't post much.

And no, it has much more to do with the entire WR and CB class. But hey, maybe Herbert and Slaton can fill those roles..... Or you can get your head out of the sand and realize this is a concern moving forward.

Advertisement
I wonder how our offense would have been this year without Ahmmon Richards and Stacy Coley?

Having elite WRs has won miami a lot of games over the years.

I wonder how our offense would have been this year without Ahmmon Richards and Stacy Coley?

[MENTION=15017]Tony Perps[/MENTION]
Found a pic of it

cartoon-****-pile-brown-flies-41819587.jpg

Sure, pretty decent to have a bad *** OL that ensures the wide outs can do their thing too. Would have been nice if Kayaa had a fraction of Dorsey's time in the pocket. Not bad having a solid run blocking Oline to set up the PA pass as well.

I hate that we couldn't really compete in the JJ $weep$take$...he is truly a game changer, but UM quite simply MUST get better in the trenches in order to compete at the highest level. CB is a desperate need of course thanks to Goldy...but short of that, load me up with hogs.

UM

You build from the ball out. Indi, Jacksonville, the rams draft wr and running backs with their first round picks. Green Bay, New England and Seattle draft lineman with their first round picks.

Advertisement
Same dumb *** excuses the Golden Girls, Shannon Suckers, and Coker ****bois made for years.

Yawn.

Football is the ultimate team sport. Of course you need elite lines but you also need the playmakers too. Our best teams always had both. ****, Bama has put plenty of skill talent in the league even a dominant OL and an elite defense is what everyone talks about first with them. We need to start getting the Juedy types at every position.

Two different things. You absolutely need big guys to win, and that's our most pressing need. You also need skill guys. We can get by for a little while without more great WR/DB (if you doubt that, think about whether this team had enough talent to win 10 games this season or not), but at some point you have to start getting the BEST guys. We get quality players every year, and this year will be no different, but we rarely seem to be in the conversation for the top guys. When was the last time we got a 5* kid who wasn't born wanting to play for Miami?

Advertisement
Yes we need skill players. but I'm saying teams build inside out. first establish the line of scrimmage. Once you have that, you make your skill players look better. Look at the impact our Dline made this year. That kind of talent and performance on the offensive side will have a similar effect. Plays just work better, no matter run or pass, when the oline is knocking peoples' teeth out

Fat guys are nice. But you need the guys who score from anywhere at any time. FSU could stockpile all the OL they wanted but they weren't winning **** without Winston and Cuck and Benjamin and Greene.

I'm not sure who Cuck is, but I guess he's pretty good. Given Franchise's proclivities, you know, gloryholes and all that, I can only guess what Cuck is short for, but I'm still not sure who that is.....oh what, Dalvin Cuckold.

I'm not sure who Cuck is, but I guess he's pretty good. Given Franchise's proclivities, you know, gloryholes and all that, I can only guess what Cuck is short for, but I'm still not sure who that is.....oh what, Dalvin Cuckold.

You build the oline then with Mullins, Cager and Richards for the next 2 years you're more then fine just finish well enough at wr for this class

Advertisement
Back