Herb Waters

Cane18

Freshman
Anybody else think that he would have caught the ball that Berrios dropped?

Kid was so great last year and has great hands, do not understand his lack of playing time.

Advertisement
Berrios just happened to be a few inches to short. He tried to make a play and **** great effort. It was a well thrown ball but he was a few inches to short.

I have a real concern about this staff and the use of personel. Contrary to popular belief, FSU doesn't have blazing speed in its defensive backfield. Why don't Waters and Coley get more shots down the field. Why are we targeting Barrios down the field when he should be working the middle of the field against LB's. Coley gets 1 shot a game and as soon as its missed thats it. Why is Barrios the lead blocker on most of the screens. Lewis and Dorsett are better blockers and they should be blocking on them. Why not fake a screen and throw off of them to get teams to. ack off. Why are we not running slants and hitches to Lewis and Barrios to get 6 or 7 yrds. Why are we not running doubles crosses, meshes and digs. The OL is holding up well. Our staff is not using the talent at WR well and it shows. Too many guys disappear, including Dorsett who is the most dangerous. Its mind boggling.

I have a real concern about this staff and the use of personel. Contrary to popular belief, FSU doesn't have blazing speed in its defensive backfield. Why don't Waters and Coley get more shots down the field. Why are we targeting Barrios down the field when he should be working the middle of the field against LB's. Coley gets 1 shot a game and as soon as its missed thats it. Why is Barrios the lead blocker on most of the screens. Lewis and Dorsett are better blockers and they should be blocking on them. Why not fake a screen and throw off of them to get teams to. ack off. Why are we not running slants and hitches to Lewis and Barrios to get 6 or 7 yrds. Why are we not running doubles crosses, meshes and digs. The OL is holding up well. Our staff is not using the talent at WR well and it shows. Too many guys disappear, including Dorsett who is the most dangerous. Its mind boggling.

It is Brad Kayla's fault. He always checks down or gets the ball out very quickly. Which is a great thing so I am not complaining. The only issue which will be fixed with experience is allowing his receivers to streak open. He will need to learn to stay in the pocket longer. Stacy and Dorsett break open often but Kayaa never throws the over the top ball.

Kaaya will get better and learn to read defenses and che k to better plays. My problem is the mis managment of Waters and especially Coley. I know Coley has had pro lems with confidence but how does it take this long to get him right. What signal do they send him when he gets one shot and they dont go back to him. As far as Waters goes. He should be running the same routes his mentor Allen Hurnes ran. Deep outs, comebacks, corners and hitches. He wi be very effective because of his speed. In my opinion, Berrios should only be running underneath routes. No way be should be playing in this role so early when we have Coley and Waters on the outside.

Advertisement
Berrios just happened to be a few inches to short. He tried to make a play and **** great effort. It was a well thrown ball but he was a few inches to short.

I don't know about that. He wasn't even fully extended. I know that he dove for the ball but it did hit him right in the hands. He should have made that catch and he would even tell you that.

Few inches too short? It had nothing to do with that. He had it and dropped it when he hit the ground.

yeah i think Herb was in Al's mystery doghouse again. no other reason to explain the lack of playing time even though he was listed as a starter

Advertisement

What do you mean too short? It was right in his hands. He catches that ball 9 times out of 10. He just dropped it.

We will look back at that Berrios drop like we did the "Santana moss drop against FSU" his sophomore year. (The wide open bomb he dropped the first drive of the game that really could have gave us momentum)

I am not worried about him. He will be fine. He will bounce back.

Advertisement
What are you talking about?

Comparing Moss's drop in college to Berrios drop in college. He dropped a pass, **** happens. And it wasn't an easy catch. Dorsett dropped one too. Is he a JAG? A JAG doesn't get separation when he run routes. Berrios does and that's why he is on the field.

Advertisement
Back