Herb Waters 40 time?

Advertisement
Reggie Wayne ran a 4.4 when he was at Miami. He was just lined up across Santana Moss who ran a 4.30. I think a better comparison speed wise would be Kevin Beard.

That is incorrect. Reggie was above 4.5 by the time he LEFT UM. He clocked slower when he first stepped on campus.

On a bit of a side note, I really wish they would measure 40 times with players wearing pads. Never understood why they don't. A lot of guys with "track speed" do not run well in full gear. Why not try to simulate actual playing conditions?

On a bit of a side note, I really wish they would measure 40 times with players wearing pads. Never understood why they don't. A lot of guys with "track speed" do not run well in full gear. Why not try to simulate actual playing conditions?

Because many pads are different and it'd increase the variables you'd need to take into consideration. That's why there's film.

**** - blows my mind that none of these freshman have gone through a college strength program yet but are having good success early on. And it's not just 1 or 2 freshman. I see so many bright spots.

Advertisement
He came in June....started playing in august

Not even a full 6 weeks of working on his strength and speed. Mostly learning routes and play book

Sheesh. Give the boy a chance to drink some protein shakes and lift some weights before we talk about how weak or slow he is

This kid just makes plays,I remember watching this young man two years ago against Btw. I thought he was the best player on the field and there was plenty of speed on the field.

So for anyone that cares, I timed his TD catch against USF. He caught the ball at the 50 and it took him 5.26 seconds to reach the endzone. It took him 4.2 seconds to get from the 50 to the 10. Of course this was not a true "40 time" since he was not running out of a block. But he also had pads and helmet on and a ball in his hands. My thinking is that he probably is a 4.6 guy.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, that means our defense is back on the field. Can Herb play safety? Even though he only runs a 4.7, he's faster than Rodgers and Telefraud combined.

He would make a nice safety. Herb is one of those guys that's just a football player, even if he's not particularly fast.

Advertisement
Papa Cane just mentioned this so he must be reading this thread.

which one of you is the jackass posing as an "insider" lol

**** Herb Water Slow ***
keep scoring on long TD runs

I'm soooooooooo ****
go canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back