Herald article on this year's draft eligible Canes..

Here's an excerpt:

This comment from a UM staffer was telling about Johnson: “There were two guys on the roster last year that were draft eligible that I thought were old school Miami guys – Mark Walton on offense and Jaquan Johnson. I think Jaquan would be a successful Miami Hurricane in any era. Even if he were here with Ed Reed, he would have found a way to get on the field. He’s a **** good player.”

NFL eyeing a bunch of Hurricanes. Here’s some of the feedback on Miami’s prospects.

Advertisement
Even Sean Taylor was on the third string when Ed Reed was here, so there's that!

I love Jaquan as much as anyone, but c'mon man!

Even Sean Taylor was on the third string when Ed Reed was here, so there's that!

I love Jaquan as much as anyone, but c'mon man!

The staffer said JJ would find a way to get on the field, not start though. ST was a true freshman who played a lot on special teams. I don't think it's too outlandish to suggest JJ could have contributed there as well.
Now, whether or not the staffer was actually talking about JJ making it unto the 2 deep on defense, I don't know. He brought up a guy in Reed because who also plays safety so he may have been suggesting that. In that case I'm not so sure about that with ST waiting in the wings, lol

Jaquan made a great decision to stay for his senior year. As long as he has a solid season he should be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Being drafted in that range means he'll be afforded more opportunities to stick on a roster and remain in the league longer.

Jaquan made a great decision to stay for his senior year. As long as he has a solid season he should be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Being drafted in that range means he'll be afforded more opportunities to stick on a roster and remain in the league longer.
MJ as well. Still can't believe he was considering coming out despite being projected as s mid round pick at the end of last year. **** was absolutely crazy. He'll be thanking his lucky stars he decided to come back this year. He stands to increase his earning potential exponentially for doing so..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back