Herald article on investigation

Advertisement
UM says L and assistants are innocent.
University of Miami basketball coaches hope for "swift conclusion" to FBI corruption probe | Miami Herald

:11263364213_e8bdef3:umuni::thumbsup_kid::braveheart::75ebf9ecd::based-duke::raylewis::braveheart2::based-duke2::basedgod::chugger:

IMG_3882.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is it possible that some of these recruits have no idea about the bribes, or at least the magnitude of them, and they are just being pimped out by the AAU coaches who are actually profiting?

Is it possible that some of these recruits have no idea about the bribes, or at least the magnitude of them, and they are just being pimped out by the AAU coaches who are actually profiting?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. The AAU coaches are the lowest form of sleeze.

If nothing else, this seems to indicate that we aren't on the verge of self-imposing a postseason ban which is big with the team we have this season.

If nothing else, this seems to indicate that we aren't on the verge of self-imposing a postseason ban which is big with the team we have this season.

True. Even with us missing on Little and Carey, this year could have a huge impact on recruiting in the future. I couldn't count the number of guys that said they're just like Bruce Brown this year. Having a big year and 2 lottery picks would be a great selling point in the future.

Advertisement
I just hope we didn't get guys like BB and LW scandalously. I'd like to believe we've reached the point in our development where we can on occasion bring in a top 25 player due to how desirable our program is.

We'll see in a few years if its back to getting only top 100 players again instead of top 25.

I just hope we didn't get guys like BB and LW scandalously. I'd like to believe we've reached the point in our development where we can on occasion bring in a top 25 player due to how desirable our program is.

We'll see in a few years if its back to getting only top 100 players again instead of top 25.

Just a reminder, L took GM to the Final Four without any top 100 kids. The 2012-13 Canes squad won the ACC with a bunch of Haith leftovers and Shane who was barely a 4 star out of HS, (I recall him being around #100 in the rankings).

Advertisement
Back