Herald article on Golden's recruiting

Advertisement
"Golden is the man, **** you Randy! see the mess that Golden had to clean up?! The Golden Road!!"

"Doesn't prove anything, he still has to prove he can coach, his record hasn't proven anything, and he deserves the same criticism you all gave Randy Shannon! The losses last year were inexcusable and he still hasn't proven anything going back to the Maryland loss two years ago, take off you orange and green sunglasses"

"What is wrong with you Randy slurpers?!!"

"Fair is fair and Golden hasn't proven anything, oh and though I never say it, I think all you Randy haters and Golden lovers are racist and only feel that way cus Randy is black and Golden is white"

Their now we won't 20 pages of this bull****.

Advertisement
I like Blustein, but that article reads like it was written and edited after a 45 second keg stand.

Golden's recruiting will be on display 6 days from now. Last time I checked, the proof wasn't in some Miami Herald article, it's in the god**** pudding.

Advertisement
123.jpg

Golden's recruiting will be on display 6 days from now. Last time I checked, the proof wasn't in some Miami Herald article, it's in the god**** pudding.

Something tells me that if we do land Sony on Friday you'll just set up some other recruit as the latest litmus test to judge Golden's recruiting by. Operating this way allows you to stay in a constant state of "whine-mode" no matter what Golden accomplishes...

Give the kids credit for having some gumption and not being completely malleable. "Recruiting" is only part of the equation; the kids choose the most attractive options from their points of view, not always the ones certain adults prefer. They are not all as vulnerable to manipulation as you may think. For instance, some kids want to stay near home, while others can't wait to get away. Sure, the adults can coax, wheedle, cajole and propound their self-serving "logic," but don't overestimate the effects of those efforts. The kids hold a lot of the chips, and they are often not as easily led as we imagine them to be.

Advertisement

Something tells me that if we do land Sony on Friday you'll just set up some other recruit as the latest litmus test to judge Golden's recruiting by. Operating this way allows you to stay in a constant state of "whine-mode" no matter what Golden accomplishes...

Never be satisfied, always want more, that's the name of the game, if we lock up sony, on to lane, Clark, cook, lammons and the rest of em

Never be satisfied, always want more, that's the name of the game, if we lock up sony, on to lane, Clark, cook, lammons and the rest of em

Agree with that mindset. However, I disagree with those who tend to constantly magnify the setbacks while being dismissive of the things Golden has accomplished with everything he's had working against him from the jump. With some it always seems to be, "Yeah, Golden got X-player but he missed out on this guy" but never "Golden missed out on this guy, but he did get that guy". Just a constant drum of negativity hinting at an agenda..

Advertisement
Please read the first line. I did not change it....this was copied right off the Herald's website. Not exactly a good proofread job.

• Nick Linder, OL, 6-3, 280, Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas: A big time football taint who is follows in the footsteps of his talented older brother. This is one of those football talents who has been groomed for the position, and has proven that he can indeed stand toe-to-toe with some of the best in the country. Brings so much to

I understand that Golden has had to work through a lot of major obstacles. Obstacles that I'm very sure most coaches would not endure. Any other coach would have bolted by now. That being said, the bottom line is that guys like Matthew Thomas, Cook and Michel are guys this program needs to get it back to the level it was. Especially considering the depth chart. Look at our LBs....Jimmy Gaines? Armbrister? Cornelius? These aren't Miami caliber guys. These aren't difference makers. They are bodies. You want to win championships? You needs guys that are going to impact the game. I can go all day with players on the defensive side of the ball that aren't doing much more than taking up space. Bottom line, you can't keep missing on all these guys. Moreover, you can't keep missing on these guys and have them go to rival schools.

I like Blustein, but that article reads like it was written and edited after a 45 second keg stand.

His description of a particular OL referred to him as a "big time football taint". I gassed. "who is follows in the footsteps of his talented older brother." So.

Advertisement
Back