Help with GOAT Pic

Vizslacane

Redshirt Freshman
My son is a Miami fan (I have taught him well his whole life) and I want to give him for his birthday a nicely framed picture of Duke Johnson praying in front of Sean Taylor after practice. Pulling it off the internet and printing it is grossly inadequate and it looks terrible. Does anyone know who took that photo so I can contact him directly?

Thanks.

Advertisement
I know that a guy known as Caneshooter takes a lot of the UM pictures, may even be the official photographer. I would contact someone in the football office and ask who took the picture because you were interested in purchasing one of the pictures from them. Good Luck.

P.S. - that is a pretty awesome picture.

EDIT: Guy above me beat me to it. lol.

I know "caneshooter" personally and I'm almost positive he didn't take the picture. I believe it was taken by a staff member or a media member on their phone hence the quality.

oEPeVx9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oEPeVx9.jpg

Advertisement
My son is a Miami fan (I have taught him well his whole life) and I want to give him for his birthday a nicely framed picture of Duke Johnson praying in front of Sean Taylor after practice. Pulling it off the internet and printing it is grossly inadequate and it looks terrible. Does anyone know who took that photo so I can contact him directly?

Thanks.

You can try contacting my old college roommate JC Ridley (Caneshooter). He is the official photographer for UM Athletics, and if he didn't take the picture, he probably knows (or employs) the person who did.

Funny thing, I tried to meet up with JC at the bowl game, and UM assigned him to shoot the basketball game instead. Ridiculous.

Thanks for this information. I just emailed Mr. Ridley. Hopefully he has the picture or knows how to get it. It's such a great pic. Would love for my son to have it and put it somewhere in his room that he sees it everyday.

Advertisement

Thanks.

You can try contacting my old college roommate JC Ridley (Caneshooter). He is the official photographer for UM Athletics, and if he didn't take the picture, he probably knows (or employs) the person who did.

Funny thing, I tried to meet up with JC at the bowl game, and UM assigned him to shoot the basketball game instead. Ridiculous.

There was a UM photographer there it just wasn't JC.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm well aware. JC does a great job with the camera setups in the rafters of arenas, but I seriously think that a bowl game (and our first potential bowl win in a while) should have rated a bit higher than a random OOC hoops game, regardless of the technical photography issues.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm well aware. JC does a great job with the camera setups in the rafters of arenas, but I seriously think that a bowl game (and our first potential bowl win in a while) should have rated a bit higher than a random OOC hoops game, regardless of the technical photography issues.

I agree

Advertisement
Was JC involved in those flaming pics our OL took before the 2015 season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, it was a different photographer. Who both shot AND released those photos.

Second, though most of you would NEVER know it, JC often takes some "off the record" photos like that, he just NEVER releases them. I have seen some of JC's photo archives going back to the 1980s, and you would be amazed at some of the stuff he has shot. He just doesn't give it away to other people to use indiscriminately.

The problem was not that the photos were taken, as everyone was joking around. The problem was the release of the photos.

Advertisement

First of all, it was a different photographer. Who both shot AND released those photos.

Second, though most of you would NEVER know it, JC often takes some "off the record" photos like that, he just NEVER releases them. I have seen some of JC's photo archives going back to the 1980s, and you would be amazed at some of the stuff he has shot. He just doesn't give it away to other people to use indiscriminately.

The problem was not that the photos were taken, as everyone was joking around. The problem was the release of the photos.

JC is good people and a true Cane. I have worked with him for a few years now and he's a talented individual.

JC hasn't responded to me. He doesn't know me from adam, so whatever. I wish I knew how to get the source photo. Would make a great present for my son. And i'd probably make an extra one for my office.

Advertisement
Back