Help me understand

CanesFan93

Junior
As much as we love to applaud our TFL and Total Defense stats, we really need to have a conversation about Manny/Baker.

1. Tackling - I do not get it! It's been almost 4 years and most of the players still don't know how to wrap up. I'm looking at most of the top 25 teams and they all get their guys down; we on the other hand throw bodies around for big hits then rely on clean up tackles.

2. Speed/awareness - Bandy, Finley, and sometimes Garvin. That's it. Those are the only players who consistently exhibit those traits. We're f***ing Miami and slow af on defense!

3. Alignments and player utilization- I'm no expert by any means but two plays stand out. A. I think it was 1st & 10 in the 4th and UNC hits their shifty RB out in the flat for a 10+ yard gain. Why even have Shaq, who's not fast, out there covering? Brooks or McCloud were busy? B. And of course the 4th and 17. EVERY team that I've watched that has been in similar situations always have their DB's sit on the first down marker and even drop an extra rusher. We blitz.....for what reason?

There's been other things I've been wanting to say but I'm already known as a debbie downer so I wont bore y'all with rants. I'm just tired of this same old BS. Everyone can successfully run a spread offense and get their players involved but we cant for whatever reason. Please help me understand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back