Help me understand why only 2 lb's

Is it me or did Flowe give off a Jalen Ramsey vibe? I could see him in his short shorts roller skating around campus listening to Cher tunes. Not that their is anything wrong with that...

Go Canes!
so hes like chantz Williams then

Advertisement
We are fine at LB .
Really? Do tell.
If the defensive line is good enough, like Clemson's 2018 team had all four starters from that starting unit drafted; Its better for the secondary to play better then any of the linebackers.. I didn't watch LSU play Clemson in the playoffs but I was reading how the defensive ends didn't really pressure Joe Burrow. Christian Wilkins & Dexter Lawrence could have been top 10 picks based on their playing ability, but teams forget the importance of collapsing the pocket up the middle.

"I'm not making any assumptions about the 2020 season, but;" Too many fans and so called expert media water boys forget the importance of the defensive tackles in both a 4-3 & 3-4 scheme.

Vince Wilfork and his resume lacks in the sack category; One could argue for a while he was the most talented player with the patriots, and if not, one of the most important based on how Bill Belichick designed the defenses.

Maybe they our confident on Joyner, Steed, and Jennings returning and being a significant part of the rotation.I can already tell you Brooks and Huff will be beasting back there in 2020 they definitely add more speed to the position and McCloud will be solid, also dont forget the Striker position add to the lbs.
Not trying to be negative but to be 100% honest, I really don't expect much from Jennings, Steed or Joyner. Nothing against any of those kids I just think that they will in all likelihood be passed up by more talented younger players.

I really liked Steed as a prospect but with 2 knee surgeries in the last 3-4 years the odds are stacked against him. Jennings also seems injury prone and he just isn't the type of sideline to sideline athlete that we need at LB. Jennings is a short area thumper who lacks the lateral quickness and coverage ability that is needed to defend offenses nowadays. Joyner is just a complete enigma to me at this point. Joyner may turn out to be a good player but we only use 2 LB mostly and the young kids will be tough to beat out imo.

To me the future and the present belong to kids like Sam Brooks, Avery Huff, Tirek Austin-cave and the 2021 kids like Hammett. Flagg is a wildcard. We'll see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back