Heisman Watch

I just don’t see how a QB with more TDs than incompletions on a top 5 team isn’t the heisman favorite right now.

I think America has just been sleeping on Miami through the first 4 games. If Mensah puts up a great performance vs Clemson, he will shoot to the top of the Heisman race.
No he won’t. Heisman is just as much about the buzz than anything else, and as good as he is, he’s not generating any buzz, and the ACC is just not valued. He keeps putting up big numbers and beats Notre Dame on the road, then we can talk.

Smith is the default favorite, but Kamario Taylor has all the buzz and hype right now, and rightfully so. He will shoot up the boards.

Anyone who thinks Malachi has a remote chance of winning the Heisman is delusional. Not to say it’s not deserving, but it won’t happen.
 
I just don’t see how a QB with more TDs than incompletions on a top 5 team isn’t the heisman favorite right now.

I think America has just been sleeping on Miami through the first 4 games. If Mensah puts up a great performance vs Clemson, he will shoot to the top of the Heisman race.

Last week Chambliss was cooking. Smiff going to fall down the list as OSU catches more Ls.

And this may sound crazy but if Toney has another big game I think Smiff will drop. Right now it looks like JS is clearly the best WR in cfb. When Toney has another 200 yd plus 3 TD game people will say “oh yeah, there is another WR just as good, except he also returns kicks and is 2 yrs younger.” It’s not going to put Toney near the top of the Heisman race but Mensah will benefit from the WR comparison.

Also Mensah has the biggest opportunity remaining of any player on the list to distance himself- in a few weeks Miami plays ND at their house. ND will be ranked 1 or 2. When Mensah leads UM to the W, he locks down the Heisman.
 
Right NOW imo -- Kamario needs to be the front runner.

If he packs up Bama ... his hype is gonna moon.

OSU has made it a mission to get Smith the statue. They will take stat padding to another level to get him the award. Just hope he doesnt get injured playing in the 4th in a 4 score blowout.
 
Right NOW imo -- Kamario needs to be the front runner.

If he packs up Bama ... his hype is gonna moon.

OSU has made it a mission to get Smith the statue. They will take stat padding to another level to get him the award. Just hope he doesnt get injured playing in the 4th in a 4 score blowout.

Because he beat overrated Missouri? Lmao guy has a cannon but I’m uncertain how good of a QB he is. In that system Hendon Hooker made those same throws. Deep and away outside. I need to see full highlights to see him going through progressions and layering the football.
 
Because he beat overrated Missouri? Lmao guy has a cannon but I’m uncertain how good of a QB he is. In that system Hendon Hooker made those same throws. Deep and away outside. I need to see full highlights to see him going through progressions and layering the football.
The list of Heisman winning Qbs who never went through progressions or layering the football isnt a small one. The voters dont value objectivity or metrics like that. They care about momentum and moments just as much.
 
Because he beat overrated Missouri? Lmao guy has a cannon but I’m uncertain how good of a QB he is. In that system Hendon Hooker made those same throws. Deep and away outside. I need to see full highlights to see him going through progressions and layering the football.
I don’t think he should be atop the Heisman list right now either, but the voters don’t give a **** about how a QB goes through progressions. That’s completely irrelevant. This trophy is a hype contest, not an NFL draft evaluation.
 
Toney will have 5 more heisman catches. Heck, the missed-TD with him getting pushed out at the one was another Heisman catch.

Miami isn't going to have a heisman winner simply because the two will eat each others votes. IMO, it goes to Chambliss, Taylor, Smith (his QB may hurt him some), or Russell.

That said, Mensah continues on his path it would be very hard to not give it to him even with Toney doing his thing.
 
Because he beat overrated Missouri? Lmao guy has a cannon but I’m uncertain how good of a QB he is. In that system Hendon Hooker made those same throws. Deep and away outside. I need to see full highlights to see him going through progressions and layering the football.
I don’t think he should be atop the Heisman list right now either, but the voters don’t give a **** about how a QB goes through progressions. That’s completely irrelevant. This trophy is a hype contest, not an NFL draft evaluation.
Valid. I think they’re going to come across a defense that can handle the wide wr split offense and then the hype will die.
 
Taylor is a great story and I guess technically he should be the favorite “right now”.

But let’s get real and look at the big picture.

That schedule is brutal. There is very little chance he wins the Heisman with multiple losses unless he pulls a Daniels. But LSU is a big name program and MSU is not.
 
Right NOW imo -- Kamario needs to be the front runner.

If he packs up Bama ... his hype is gonna moon.

OSU has made it a mission to get Smith the statue. They will take stat padding to another level to get him the award. Just hope he doesnt get injured playing in the 4th in a 4 score blowout.
Honestly that will burn OSU once they play tougher games. Its obvious they are forcing it to him. Their passing game is awful without him.
 
Taylor is a great story and I guess technically he should be the favorite “right now”.

But let’s get real and look at the big picture.

That schedule is brutal. There is very little chance he wis the Heisman with multiple losses unless he pulls a Daniels. But LSU is a big name program and MSU is not.
If he can get to 9 wins, punch his ticket.

The SEC is cheeks and overrated and I aint backing off of that take. Im not calling any schedule brutal until all the games have been played and we see where the chips fell.

Technically speaking we have a more brutal schedule than they do w 4 currently undefeated teams to come. We also have a win (Wake) over 1 of 3 schools w 2 P4 road wins.

The other 2 schools on the list ? Us and ... Miss State.
 
If he can get to 9 wins, punch his ticket.

The SEC is cheeks and overrated and I aint backing off of that take. Im not calling any schedule brutal until all the games have been played and we see where the chips fell.

Technically speaking we have a more brutal schedule than they do w 4 currently undefeated teams to come. We also have a win (Wake) over 1 of 3 schools w 2 P4 road wins.

The other 2 schools on the list ? Us and ... Miss State.
It is brutal in the sense that I would not favor his team in at least four matches the rest of the way.
 
Forgive me I haven't read this whole thread but does having two players potentially split the votes they get and make it harder for one of them to win? Forgive me I don't know anything about math
 
Back
Top