Heckendorf vs. Lashlee

UFan90

Freshman

SMU played Ark St. to open this year, you can see the offenses they run. Both have bad QBs, which doesnt provide tons of confidence though still huge offenses. You can see how they utilize personnel to open the field. They utilize RPO, as well as bubble screens to get people open into space.

Heckendorf Offense(Broyles Nominee)

WR Omar Bayless #1 in FBS in Rec Yds., Rec TDs, and Rec yds per game

#22 in passing yards per game at 296. #22 in passing efficiency

converted 35 TDs in 45 attempts in redzone.

Lashlee Offense(Broyles nominee)

6th in scoring offense

328.1 PassingYPG, 194 rushing ypg,

Advertisement
My concern with both of those guys is not their coaching, it’s their recruiting.

We already have a defensive staff that can’t recruit, I’d like to get a guy who has a good track record in that area.

My concern with both of those guys is not their coaching, it’s their recruiting.

We already have a defensive staff that can’t recruit, I’d like to get a guy who has a good track record in that area.

if they both have very successful offenses and are partly responsible for the players on said offenses... how is it you know they can’t recruit?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Ya but not sure your OC, besides QB, should ever have to be the one carrying weight recruiting.

Last edited:
Fields and Hickson are the recruiters and I assume there is almost no possibility the next WR coach could be any worse.

The 2021 class will be the worst in modern history if we don’t win 9 games next year regardless of who the recruiters are.

We don't need recruiters. We need teachers that win games. Winning takes care of recruiting for the most part.

Advertisement

We rarely struggle to recruit on offense - we just had an awful year and still pulled in 2 of top 10 rbs and solid wr core. We just need an oline coach who can recruit. Not worried a bit about oc recruiting at Miami.

Under normal circumstances I'm usually okay with the OC not having to be a great recruiter and the position coaches carrying the brunt of that load. However, we need such massive and immediate help in recruiting I think at minimum the next OC can't just be dead weight in that area.

If the OC lights up the scoreboard that recruits itself. What we've been lacking is a supporting cast of recruiters. We legitimately have 2 average recruiters in Fields and Hickson with a bunch of nobodies right now.

Advertisement

We routinely pull in top 20/30 draft classes as a mediocre program with very mediocre recruiters. We just need someone who can move the needle and win, the rest will solve itself.

We rarely struggle to recruit on offense - we just had an awful year and still pulled in 2 of top 10 rbs and solid wr core. We just need an oline coach who can recruit. Not worried a bit about oc recruiting at Miami.
We just need an oline coach who can evaluate and develop.

Most of the OL were 3-4 star players, and Donaldson 5-star. They chose Miami over other name/top programs. None were developed.

Under normal circumstances I'm usually okay with the OC not having to be a great recruiter and the position coaches carrying the brunt of that load. However, we need such massive and immediate help in recruiting I think at minimum the next OC can't just be dead weight in that area.

Well KH was a recruiting coordinator, so arguably he's not dead weight. Just need the right staff around him.

I'm personally more concerned about getting the most out of our players right now so we can win some games in 2020. We need plays and adjustments for the players to get excited about the game again. Mark Pope and Mike Harley should not have problems getting open against La Tech.

Advertisement
Back