Heavy Formations

Canezum5

Senior
Premium
Anyone notice us using more power run formations with Walton in the duke game? I've been begging for us to get back under center for the run game. Coley one upped me and threw a fullback in the mix. We really need to run the offense under center a lot more. All that shotgun becomes to predictable if you're not running pick routes. Hopefully we keep that up and stop running from pistol all **** game.

Advertisement
FB for life!!!!!

batten.jpg

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/lookie-fb/92492

Advertisement
The announcer during the Duke game said something like, "Miami going to their heavy package" or something like that when the FB went in. He said it like "again", as if UM does this all the time.

forget the dumbass porster who criticized me during the game when i was calling for this

Anyone notice us using more power run formations with Walton in the duke game? I've been begging for us to get back under center for the run game. Coley one upped me and threw a fullback in the mix. We really need to run the offense under center a lot more. All that shotgun becomes to predictable if you're not running pick routes. Hopefully we keep that up and stop running from pistol all **** game.

Not really, its just the way we use our sub packages that make it predictable. 4 of the top 10 rushing attacks in CFB are run from the spread, only 1 is from pro-style sets. 7 of the top 10 ypc leaders are from the spread, 1 from pro-style. Ohio St probably has the best power run game in college over the last few years.

We got stuffed twice at the end of the game in the I when we were trying to run out of the clock. Mediocre coaches get mediocre results, Coley is mediocre.

Advertisement

Not really, its just the way we use our sub packages that make it predictable. 4 of the top 10 rushing attacks in CFB are run from the spread, only 1 is from pro-style sets. 7 of the top 10 ypc leaders are from the spread, 1 from pro-style. Ohio St probably has the best power run game in college over the last few years.

We got stuffed twice at the end of the game in the I when we were trying to run out of the clock. Mediocre coaches get mediocre results, Coley is mediocre.

I get a kick out of the posters who truly believe that spread = no power running game.

It is a great way to separate the football chicks from the people who understand football

Oh ****. My bad. �� carry on then........

I was just being an ***. I think it's great and we need to see more of it.

We were ripping off yards left and right in that I formation.

Gage Batten is a monster! Gorlden had this kid on the bench ffs.

Glad you fessed up. Remember when FB was an offensive weapon TOO. Doesn't hurt having another big body back there protecting QB either. Have to be careful, all the tempo/spread guardians will be out so attacking under center as being 80 tech.

Pretty sure we ran I formation on our last 3 and out. Two running plays put us in third and 14. Just saying, there are no magic formations.

Pretty sure we ran I formation on our last 3 and out. Two running plays put us in third and 14. Just saying, there are no magic formations.

I agree, but they stacked the box and the whole stadium knew we were going to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down. Combine that with our Charmin extra-soft line this year and you end up with 3rd and long. The I formation worked when the threat of run/pass was viable earlier in the game.

Advertisement

I get a kick out of the posters who truly believe that spread = no power running game.

It is a great way to separate the football chicks from the people who understand football

Name 10 teams with a successful power run game out of Shotgun spread.....??????

besides Ohio state and maybe recent Nebraska... id love to see your list.

Advertisement

Name 10 teams with a successful power run game out of Shotgun spread.....??????

besides Ohio state and maybe recent Nebraska... id love to see your list.

Not many teams utilize a power running game out of the spread so that'd be a hard question to answer.

The I-formation worked for literally 2 plays.

Calm down.

As soon as Duke adjusted and put more defenders into the box we were done.

Advertisement
Back