Heat Culture

The last I checked, the teams at the top of the recruiting rankings are the ones winning the national titles. Blue chips are kinda important.
Exactly.

Let’s see how they perform against this Celtics star studded team full of blue chips. Me thinks he won’t have that same energy in about a week, week and a half…

🍀 🍀

Advertisement
I’m glad that posting “we have to do better” actually yields results on the field.

Love Riley and the Heat, but let’s not forget his failures against the Knicks in the late 99’s with a team that started Hardaway, Marjerle, Mashburn, PJ Brown, and Zo.

That Knicks team was stacked. And you only need one player to make a difference, and for the Knicks that was acquiring Sprewell.

Culture this......
20240420_110410.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wish the Miami Hurricanes football team was more like the Miami Heat. Tough, gritty, and next man up mentality. Erik Spoelstra can pick 5 guys from the YMCA and win basketball games.

Mario Cristobal, on the other hand, needs a team FULL of 1st round picks just to be good. We have to do better.

Heat Culture is nice, but when did they win a championship without having the best player(s) in the game?

I wish the Miami Hurricanes football team was more like the Miami Heat. Tough, gritty, and next man up mentality. Erik Spoelstra can pick 5 guys from the YMCA and win basketball games.

Mario Cristobal, on the other hand, needs a team FULL of 1st round picks just to be good. We have to do better.
Whenever I’m thinking hey humanity isn’t bad, CIS sets me straight

Advertisement
Mario ain’t coach Spo not even in the same stratosphere-

Spo does more with less than any coach in the NBA-

Cam Ward has fallen into his lap he’s got 2 back to back outstanding recruiting classes-

Get it done -The schedule is weak no excuses.

Top Heat players by MIN - round drafted
Butler- 1st
Bam- 1st
Herro- 1st
Rozier- 1st
Jaquez- 1st
Lowry- 1st

Plus Jovic and Love were 1sts, MIlls and Richardson 2nd's
For every Duncan Robinson there's 8 1st rounders.
I like Spo but let's not act like he dragged this team out of the G League

The last I checked, the teams at the top of the recruiting rankings are the ones winning the national titles. Blue chips are kinda important.
You must have stopped checking in 2022 because Michigan hasn’t been near the top.

Advertisement
Top Heat players by MIN - round drafted
Butler- 1st
Bam- 1st
Herro- 1st
Rozier- 1st
Jaquez- 1st
Lowry- 1st

Plus Jovic and Love were 1sts, MIlls and Richardson 2nd's
For every Duncan Robinson there's 8 1st rounders.
I like Spo but let's not act like he dragged this team out of the G League
Let’s also not pretend NBA first round picks are like NFL first round picks. There’s only two rounds in the NBA draft and annything after the first half of the lottery is a crap shoot.

Let’s also not pretend NBA first round picks are like NFL first round picks. There’s only two rounds in the NBA draft and annything after the first half of the lottery is a crap shoot.
The back end of the NFL 1st round is a crapshoot too.

Just using the 2020 drafts
NFL 9 Pro Bowlers in 1st round, 6 in first 14 picks, 3 in the back 18 (88 PB's are selected)
NBA 4 All-Stars in 1st round, 3 in first 14 picks, 1 in the back 16 (24 All-Stars are selected)

The data adds up the same re the non lottery 1st's in both sports.

Advertisement
Back