Heart + Coach L

Advertisement
Big win. Wong has a ton of heart staying in after that ankle roll. Got to put these performances together now. For all the hate, Coach L deserves a ton of credit for keeping this team together after all of the injuries and heartbreaking losses.
And we follow it up with the worst performance of the season (yes, worse than BC and FGCU) while gaining two players back.

Advertisement
Sadly, I agree at this point. He's a great man and he's done outstanding things for our program, but it appears he's run out of gas. 3 straight seasons of garbage and no life left in this program.
Think you are right but .... key is who we could get as his replacement. UM ADs have been VERY underwhelming in their choices over the last 36 seasons. Ham and L were the best but ... neither really was/has been able to take this program to sustained success!

Think you are right but .... key is who we could get as his replacement. UM ADs have been VERY underwhelming in their choices over the last 36 seasons. Ham and L were the best but ... neither really was/has been able to take this program to sustained success!
We were lucky to get L, too. He's the one that contacted us. You're right, but that doesn't mean we should be satisfied with the status quo, either.

Advertisement
I never really cared very much for the use every scholarship in your possession theory until now. With Covid running rampant we don't the luxury of being stubborn anymore.

This will be the third losing season in as many years. I guess its time to put old boy out to pasture. Things aren't improving.

I never really cared very much for the use every scholarship in your possession theory until now. With Covid running rampant we don't the luxury of being stubborn anymore.

This will be the third losing season in as many years. I guess its time to put old boy out to pasture. Things aren't improving.
Regretfully, I must agree. Being a PROVEN, truly masterful recruiter (legal, of course) should be the top three requiirements for a new coach. This product should NOT be this hard to sell! It just shouldn't.

Advertisement
OP's post didn't age well. This team hasn't shown any heart. We've clearly quit.

Outrebounded last night 45-23. What else needs to be said?
While there are exceptions and FSU's guys are active and good (and seem to have great endurance compared to "U"know-who,) it's not like our being out-rebounded at both ends is simply a physical talent capability. Time after time I see lazy or half-hearted (Beverly), tentative (Gak), and confused (Walker) ...efforts result in "missing out". Some of the offensive rebounding travails seem to relate to Coach L's "get-back-quick" rather than "get-near-basket in case perimeter shot fails" not as bad as in previous years but with so many missed-3's it's devastating. Quite honestly, most of our guys (that aren't injured) seem often lost (what should I do where do I go) at both ends in many facets of the game. The Coaching staff (or "L") certainly needs to take some responsibility.

While there are exceptions and FSU's guys are active and good (and seem to have great endurance compared to "U"know-who,) it's not like our being out-rebounded at both ends is simply a physical talent capability. Time after time I see lazy or half-hearted (Beverly), tentative (Gak), and confused (Walker) ...efforts result in "missing out". Some of the offensive rebounding travails seem to relate to Coach L's "get-back-quick" rather than "get-near-basket in case perimeter shot fails" not as bad as in previous years but with so many missed-3's it's devastating. Quite honestly, most of our guys (that aren't injured) seem often lost (what should I do where do I go) at both ends in many facets of the game. The Coaching staff (or "L") certainly needs to take some responsibility.
Easily the most poorly coached L team I've witnessed. There's no cohesiveness between the players and we have no apparent identity, especially offensively.

Advertisement
Back