Heard Article today on TE recruiting

@Dwinstitles

Of being passed over for the UM job, Davis told me at that time: “I would have loved the opportunity. I have a lot of affinity for them; it was a very memorable place for me. We [helped] rebuild the program and gave it back its character and integrity and put them in position to play for three national titles. It didn’t work out. The things I had accomplished weren’t what they were looking for.”

From what Davis told me, Davis told UM in his interview that if he had gotten the job, he believes he would “have won a national championship in four years” because “we were not going to lose 31 scholarships in four years” as he did (no fault of his) during his tenure at UM.
dude would of closed shop in sfla, no more of that bs teams picking who they want. GUARANTEED

Advertisement
The Butch Davis hero worship on this site is something I will never understand. He's 20 years past his prime as a coach. Guarantee a chanpionship in 4 years? He can't even guarantee a bowel movement.

Some of these same guys complain about the f$u/Sabag slurpers, meanwhile they have permanent lockjaw from constantly blowing FIU's head coach. Incredible.

I still dont see Hodges as a te prospect. Kid is 6'1 carrying bad weight right now. Looks like he can be an h-back/fb type. Im High on the kid out of Texas. Not really a fan of having 4 Te's at Um under 6'3 at a time.
Jordan is a legit 6’3 but I agree With this take overall though. Maybe Hodges will play that type of roll

Irvin will redshirt this year so he will have 2 years left. I agree Polendey will be gone next year or the year after. I don’t understand why you’d take 3 tight ends this year when you have bigger concerns on the d line o line and at safety. Idiot starts running his mouth again cuz Miami lost 2 tight ends already for the season.

Didn't we already use a redshirt on Irvin?

Advertisement
Hasnt had that many chances and he would have time to develop especially with 0 chance that he succeeds at te here so if he stays oline is his best shot

Winston was the top TE in the nation and extremely athletic. His frame was much bigger than Brian's. Winston was 6'7 and almost 260lbs as a frosh. Brian is not playing OT at UM. The kids best bet is to bulk up to be a blocking TE in short yardage.

I still dont see Hodges as a te prospect. Kid is 6'1 carrying bad weight right now. Looks like he can be an h-back/fb type. Im High on the kid out of Texas. Not really a fan of having 4 Te's at Um under 6'3 at a time.
I agree with your view, but Zipperer is a take all day every day. Wydermyre seems like a kid we should take also. Hodges is the one you could pass on but he’s already committed. So unless they’d take all 3, I think there is a real chance the school does just what you suggest they shouldn’t, and takes 2 more shorter TEs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back