Head to Head with the Big Boys: U$C Edition

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
To date, Mario hasn't had many skirmishes with U$C because Riley considers defense something that gets in the way of offense getting back onto the field. However, this all changed on March 24, 2024 when U$C reeled in an unprecedented number of key east coast defensive recruiting targets. This surprise attack caught multiple east coast schools off guard.

Pearl Harbor History GIF

HS Grade
: TBD
Portal Grade: TBD

RecruitCollegeComments
Dominick KellyU$CFast rising CB, likely near the top of the UM CB board in the 26 cycle
Jahkeem StewartU$CU$C reportedly in the lead

HS Grade

RecruitCollegeComments
Hylton Drake StubbsU$CMany have him as the #1 Safety in the 25 cycle. Extremely high on the Miami S board.
Justus “Jay” TerryU$C UGAD$ had him as a prime flip target, he did flip but to the wrong school
Hayden LoweVisited UM on March 23, 2024
Marco JonesVisited UM for Prospects (Junior) Day. D$ from the Jan 29, 2024 Bank. Appears like the staff will be actively recruiting him.
Adonyss CurrieCritical CB recruit, visiting March 30
Elijah GriffinVisited March 8

HS Grade
: F

RecruitCollegeComments
Jason ZandamelaU$CThis stung a lot at the time because C is a position of need, but he's in the portal after less than a year. Rumors now that U$C reneged on the NIL after they thought he was a bust.
Marcelles WilliamsU$CMade final 8
Dakoda FieldsU$COVed, but @Rellyrell said this was a U$C/Oregon battle in the end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To date, Mario hasn't had many skirmishes with U$C because Riley considers defense something that gets in the way of offense getting back onto the field. However, this all changed on March 24, 2024 when U$C reeled in an unprecedented number of key east coast defensive recruiting targets. This surprise attack caught multiple east coast schools off guard.

Pearl Harbor History GIF

HS Grade

RecruitCollegeComments
Dominick KellyU$CFast rising CB, likely near the top of the UM CB board in the 26 cycle

HS Grade

RecruitCollegeComments
Hylton Drake StubbsU$CMany have him as the #1 Safety in the 25 cycle. Extremely high on the Miami S board.
Justus “Jay” TerryU$C UGAD$ had him as a prim flip target, he did flip but to the wrong school
You can add Isaiah Gibson, DL out of GA and Gus Cordova, Edge out of TX, both committed to USC along with the ones you mentioned.

You can add Isaiah Gibson, DL out of GA and Gus Cordova, Edge out of TX, both committed to USC along with the ones you mentioned.
Are we recruiting either of these players? My list is only players that both schools are after.

Saw rumblings in another thread that the USC boards think they made a major move w/ Elijah Griffin also this weekend.

Advertisement
A California matchup we need to beat USC, Oregon, Washington & TAMU for is Adonyss Currie.
Added to the OP. He's visiting this week. The Head to Head against U$C list is larger than I remembered in the 25 cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They ain’t doing sh
you go ahead and doubt USC, I won't. But at the end of the day they are an undebatably top 10 maybe top 5 program. Have had success as recent or more recent than us. Have a proven coach. And likely have just as good NIL program. They also have basically no competition when it comes to recruiting California... And they are already in the conference we are hoping to be in lol.

you go ahead and doubt USC, I won't. But at the end of the day they are an undebatably top 10 maybe top 5 program. Have had success as recent or more recent than us. Have a proven coach. And likely have just as good NIL program. They also have basically no competition when it comes to recruiting California... And they are already in the conference we are hoping to be in lol.
i will doubt there ability to get savage DL and OL prospects, all the qbs and skill players in the world aint winning u a natty but thats my opinion. We will see how it play out with Riley. They have had success but its still below what they should be right now, they had all this hype for nothing last year. And I think Oregon recruits Cali better and nationally better than them cause of what Mario put in place there.

What? Of the top 25* California HS players for 2024, USC signed 2 dudes. Alabama signed 3. Oregon signed like 7. Not much better in 2023, either.

*per 247 Composite

Advertisement
Back