Head to Head with the Big Boys: Oregon Edition

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Mario bolted for UM, but Oregon replaced him w/Lanning and he hasn't missed a beat with recruiting. In fact, the jilted ex has dominated us in head to head battles with west coast based recruits. @Ghandi requested this thread in the Big Boy Roll Up.

Life Ex GIF by The Challenge

HS Grade
: TBD
Portal Grade: TBD

RecruitCollegeComments
Dallas WilsonOregonWas committed to Oregon before we offered.
DJ PickettMust get recruit this cycle.

HS Grade
: F-
Portal Grade: F

RecruitCollegeComments
Aydin BrelandOregonMario recruited since 8th grade, Lanning closed the deal
Elijah RushingOregonVisted at least once, Lanning flipped him from Zona
Jericho JohnsonOregonWas on our top DT list
Luke MogaOregonVisited a couple of times. Mixed reaction on CIS
Dylan WilliamsOregonMultiple visits, many on CIS had him on commit watch
Sione LauleaOregonVisited a couple times, many thought he was likely to stay out west.

HS Grade
: A
Portal Grade: F

RecruitCollegeComments
Rod PleasantOregon
Francis MauigoaMiami
Riley WilliamsMiami
Jayden WayneMiami
Gary BryantOregon
Jordan BurchOregon
Jurrion ****eyOregon

HS Grade
: C-
Portal Grade: N/A

RecruitCollegeComments
Josh ConerlyOregonFirst OV, then we lost momentum
Jahlil FlorenceOregonVisit plans changed late
David LuliOregonWas a 100% stone cold lock to the Canes until the last weekend when Lanning flipped him back
Nyjalik KellyMiamiKelly may have gone to Oregon had Mario stayed there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone remember the head to head battles in the 23 and 22 cycles?

Did I miss any in the 24 cycle?

Edit: found the info in the Saban vs Mario thread (which really has morphed in true CIS fashion into Mario vs Lanning)

Last edited:
Intersting time to make this post when Lanning is rumored to be Bama bound lol

Intersting time to make this post when Lanning is rumored to be Bama bound lol
Well, really was coincidental, @Ghandi requested this a couple weeks back

However, I have to admit that I'm thinking if there's anyone on this list we can raid IF Lanning bolts.

Advertisement
Riley Williams, Francis Maigoa, Jayden Wayne, Marquis Lightfoot could have all signed with Oregon.

But yes Oregon will ALWAYS have an upper hand for west coast recruits over Miami.

That regardless of who is coaching Miami.
They don't want you to mention the guys you mentioned but yet they're trying to count Rushing as a head-to-head loss for us.... Funny lol

Advertisement
Riley Williams, Francis Maigoa, Jayden Wayne, Marquis Lightfoot could have all signed with Oregon.

But yes Oregon will ALWAYS have an upper hand for west coast recruits over Miami.

That regardless of who is coaching Miami.
I've added the names above. How serious did Oregon recruit Lightfoot?

Through the 24 cycle, I don't see Oregon coming out east much, but there are several east coast recruits in the 25 cycle that we're after that are Oregon commits.

Advertisement
Well, really was coincidental, @Ghandi requested this a couple weeks back

However, I have to admit that I'm thinking if there's anyone on this list we can raid IF Lanning bolts.
Interesting to see how it pans/panned out regionally.
How much credit can you give Mario for an east coast kid and vice versa.

Not trying to give you more work...even though I'm trying to give you more work.

Advertisement
Imma let yall have this silly debate but one serious question. Why is Elijah rushing on there when he was a flip from Arizona? How is that considered a head to head loss for Miami?
Because he visited Miami and there was quite a bit of buzz/excitement about him on CIS early in the cycle last year.

there was quite a bit of buzz/excitement about him on CIS early in the cycle last year.

Can say that about any top rated defensive lineman from last years class though. Are we really going to put up 20 guys because of early intrest in the cyle or focus more on actual recruitment battles?

Can say that about any top rated defensive lineman from last years class though. Are we really going to put up 20 guys because of early intrest in the cyle or focus more on actual recruitment battles?
The general rules are someone who at least visited campus counts in the head to head battles (OVs obviously preferred)

Advertisement
Back