Official He wasn't eaten by a bear, DBC & The Prez

I don’t get the DBC hate and/or cruel mockery.

If you don’t get what is going on with him, you’re not being perceptive enough. If this **** makes him happy, more power to him and Portnoy.

I used to make fun of him like everyone else, but several years ago I opened my eyes and vowed to stop.

If you want to talk about embarrassing super fans, check out Collier county murders for 2022 and the state pen. DBC is harmless and I wish him nothing but the best.

Not trying to lecture anybody here, but maybe hopefully somebody will look at him a little differently. That’s it that’s all I got.
Won't apologize for Portnoy's takes and behavior in other avenues...but people always thought Portnoy was in on some joke and wanted to exploit DBC. Perhaps in his initial take after watching the famous DBC rant he dropped some jokes...but Portnoy has been wanting to meet him for years and has legit offered money to do so (of which, DBC has declined publicly as far as we know), supposedly talks to him in real life.

I don't see why people are disgusted by Portnoy finally getting DBC to meet up by asking him to pick a pizza place for him to review and having our guy on his pizza review channel. Portnoy probably had DBC set the whole thing up and made him come off like a million bucks to people in his real life.

Maybe Portnoy just saw a what he thought was a nice, passionate man (with his condition, I know we need say it) that was being bullied online (by his own fanbase, sad as that was) and took years to develop a nice little relationship with the guy. wtf is wrong with that? This would be one very long, niche play for Portnoy to come at DBC with bad intentions.

Advertisement
Mannnnnn...there's a place in Ft Walton Bch called Buffalo's Reef that's ridiculous, and has been for 25yrs. @UMFarArcher knows.
So glad you just posted this. Got married on Okaloosa Island and was trashed the night before and ordered wings and this is where they came from and they were fire. Didn't know if it was the alcohol or what but they were incredible. That validates it.

So glad you just posted this. Got married on Okaloosa Island and was trashed the night before and ordered wings and this is where they came from and they were fire. Didn't know if it was the alcohol or what but they were incredible. That validates it.
I lived in Destin (Holiday Isle) from 1988-1991...then bought a home in Ft Walton Bch in 93, and lived there until 2001. Every Super Bowl from 95-99, I ordered atleast 50 Wings from Buffalo's Reef.

PR was great but they closed up shop. I use to love when the train came by and everyone starts holler . lol . that was always fun. My uncle was almost a part of JB's. He knew John brown and that whole doctor group that originally started JJ Whispers. I worked at JJ from 1990 -1994-1995 ish. Im at Big daddys currently . place is a dam zoo. were packed all most every night.
Big Daddys where? On Lee Rd?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get the DBC hate and/or cruel mockery.

If you don’t get what is going on with him, you’re not being perceptive enough. If this **** makes him happy, more power to him and Portnoy.

I used to make fun of him like everyone else, but several years ago I opened my eyes and vowed to stop.

If you want to talk about embarrassing super fans, check out Collier county murders for 2022 and the state pen. DBC is harmless and I wish him nothing but the best.

Not trying to lecture anybody here, but maybe hopefully somebody will look at him a little differently. That’s it that’s all I got.

This. Good for DBC. Let the man live. Our other number 1 fan was last heard from carving up his neighbor.

If you were trashed when you had some of these mondo wings - just think about how good they are if one is only halfway in the tank - or even sober!

A few years ago my wife's family had a reunion here - and I made the mistake of bringing stacks of these wings - and NOW - they want to hold their reunions here - and they EXPECT me to bring wings each time. I start getting hints two and three months in advance.

Buffalo Reef.

Don't go home without them.

Mannnnnn...there's a place in Ft Walton Bch called Buffalo's Reef that's ridiculous, and has been for 25yrs. @UMFarArcher knows.
Went there years ago and it was really good but I don’t venture out of Destin much with traffic these days. Family has had a condo since 1973 - not sure if you remember the blue room in Destin or if you ever went to Perri’s in cinco bayou. Both long gone unfortunately.

Went there years ago and it was really good but I don’t venture out of Destin much with traffic these days. Family has had a condo since 1973 - not sure if you remember the blue room in Destin or if you ever went to Perri’s in cinco bayou. Both long gone unfortunately.
Went to Perri's many times.

Advertisement
I bought a home in Wright in 93....Loved Perri's and Coach & Four. From 88-91 I was the Executive Sous Chef at Marina Cafe, and would frequent Harry Ts alot.

Advertisement
Back