Rumor HC Super Mario Cristobigballs' Recruit Conversion Rate

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
I believe I read previously HCSMC's recruit conversion rate was ~37% on average.

Does he fall below, stay the same, or exceed this mark in Coral Gables?

If he pulls in 37% for 2023, what kinda star mix are we looking at?

Tell me ya'all don't have a positive vibe about where our Canes are headed!!!!

Advertisement
Realistically, I’d say it drops to 30-32% (This is SEC recruiting land), but he’s going after all big names, so he def won’t swing and miss every time… He’ll convert 4 star heavy, with a higher conversion on 5 stars than in years past. So like an average of 3-18-4 (5-4-3).

Edit: This is starting off…. I’d hope to see an upward trend over the years, assuming things generally go positively

I believe I read previously HCSMC's recruit conversion rate was ~37% on average.

:100:%, if we don't convert them then we didn't really want them!

If that’s true then that’s consistent with top 10 classes. It might become higher due to him have a home base to recruit now instead of having to go into somebody else’s territory.

Advertisement
Realistically, I’d say it drops to 30-32% (This is SEC recruiting land), but he’s going after all big names, so he def won’t swing and miss every time… He’ll convert 4 star heavy, with a higher conversion on 5 stars than in years past. So like an average of 3-18-4 (5-4-3).

Edit: This is starting off…. I’d hope to see an upward trend over the years, assuming things generally go positively
Doubt it

Advertisement

We can take 25. 25 X 37% equals nine five stars.

Leaving 16 four stars.

His percents are going to fall. First because he is going after top guys that everyone wants. But also he has the staff to build a board deep enough in talent that he’ll end up having to turn quality kids away. if you have 4 blue chippers all gunning for one spot your conversion rate is going to be 25% but that’s a good outcome.

I do think he’ll struggle with the front runners and high 5 stars to start. But he won’t concede them without epic battles and eventually they’ll start coming.

2023 will almost certainly be a top 10 class, could even sneak to Top 5. And we only go up from there.

As long as NIL deals are in place and John Ruiz in running things then we shouldn't take step back at all on conversion rates in this climate. His rates will probably be going up in the short term with his newness, NIL cash and the hope that he brings.

He's also stacking himself a staff that he never could have envisioned at Oregon. No logical reason for Mario to take a step back.

Advertisement
I don't know what the exact percentages and numbers will equate to, but I expect Top 10 classes consistently.

Advertisement
Mario Cristobal without NIL is a great recruiter. With NiL he will land top ten classes yearly! Some years higher. But top ten yearly. That’s good enough to compete
100 percent. No excuses given the strength of the staff, a plethora of recruiting assistants, commitment to upgrading facilities, proximity and geographical location to a national hotbed of talent, a top-ten? NIL game, etc...that we shouldn't join the usual suspects that are routinely in the top ten of the recruiting rankings.

There's competition, sure: Bama, ATM, UGA, Texas, USC, Ohio St all will have phenomenal classes, and then there's the crop of ND, LSU, Miami, Tennessee, Pedo St, Clemson, Michigan, OU, Oregon potentially... **** f^ck em but UF should be in here too. I expect us to slowly move into that 1st tier, however. Top ten finishes with the occasional top five sounds right.

100 percent. No excuses given the strength of the staff, a plethora of recruiting assistants, commitment to upgrading facilities, proximity and geographical location to a national hotbed of talent, a top-ten? NIL game, etc...that we shouldn't join the usual suspects that are routinely in the top ten of the recruiting rankings.

There's competition, sure: Bama, ATM, UGA, Texas, USC, Ohio St all will have phenomenal classes, and then there's the crop of ND, LSU, Miami, Tennessee, Pedo St, Clemson, Michigan, OU, Oregon potentially... **** f^ck em but UF should be in here too. I expect us to slowly move into that 1st tier, however. Top ten finishes with the occasional top five sounds right.
And it’s fine to land at 9 or 10 when you sign the right kids. I’m with you my dude

Advertisement
Back