HBD Frank Gore

Advertisement
One of my fav Canes ever. I've literally almost came to blows with supposed friends over the fact that he should be a HOF'er. Happy Bday!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting about longest RB career:
"It isn’t any of the obvious answers - i.e Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton or even the ageless Frank Gore. It’s actually fullback Lorenzo Neal - he played 239 games over sixteen seasons (1993–2008) for eight different teams. Fellow lead blocker Tony Richardson (234 games for three teams) also survived the grind for sixteen years (1995–2010). If Gore does return in 2020, he’ll match the sixteen year tally of the above pairing and if he appears in at least 14 games, will overtake Neal for the most games played at his position (he has currently appeared in 226 regular season games, plus a further 9 playoff contests).

Interesting about longest RB career:
"It isn’t any of the obvious answers - i.e Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton or even the ageless Frank Gore. It’s actually fullback Lorenzo Neal - he played 239 games over sixteen seasons (1993–2008) for eight different teams. Fellow lead blocker Tony Richardson (234 games for three teams) also survived the grind for sixteen years (1995–2010). If Gore does return in 2020, he’ll match the sixteen year tally of the above pairing and if he appears in at least 14 games, will overtake Neal for the most games played at his position (he has currently appeared in 226 regular season games, plus a further 9 playoff contests).

amazing that TR and Neal were FULLBACKS and lasted 16 years.

Advertisement
98196008_3202642969759787_6788676413873455104_n.jpg

Advertisement
I wonder if Csonka would play in today's game? I would be disappointed if not.
Talk about a F-ing Beast....carried people on his back 20yds....that 40yd run against KC in 71...setting up Yepremian's game winning FG was Classic....His run in the SB in 73, when he made Pat Fisher look like a 4yr old was straight savage....

Advertisement
Back