Hayden Mahoney

He is kind of an Unknown and unwanted recruit here but i found this commitment story about him. i really don't know anything about him.

on Football Recruiting: Rally 100 Philly.com he was ranked 98 coming into his Junior year.

Mahoney is ranked as the 96th best offensive tackle prospect, the 22nd best overall prospect in the state of Pennsylvania and the 909th best overall prospect in the class of 2015, according to 24/7 Sports’ composite rankings.

Malvern Prep’s Hayden Mahoney, a junior offensive lineman, committed to play football for the University of Miami Saturday afternoon while on an unofficial visit to the school.

The 6-foot-5, 280-pound tackle arrived Friday in Coral Gables and spent about 20 minutes chatting with Hurricanes coach Al Golden.

"He’s so passionate about what he does," Mahoney said. "He was talking about wanting to win a national championship. I really bought into it."

The 17-year-old, who doubles as a defensive end for the Friars, also had scholarship offers from Akron, Boston College, Elon, Old Dominion, and Villanova. Connecticut, Northwestern, and Virginia were likewise interested.

"I talked it over Friday night with my mom [Teri]," Mahoney said. "We both were really impressed with what we saw, so I didn’t think there was any reason to hold off on my decision."

Also important, Mahoney said, was the strong relationship he has formed with Hurricanes offensive coordinator Art Kehoe. Kehoe, a Conshohocken native, is in his fourth season on Golden’s staff and his 30th overall at Miami.

Mahoney’s brother, Connor, starred at Malvern Prep and is now a sophomore defensive lineman at Northwestern. The 6-4, 260-pounder was an Inquirer first-team all-Southeastern Pennsylvania selection as a senior with the Friars.

"I talked things over with Connor," Hayden Mahoney said. "He told me that, ultimately, it was my decision to make."

As a result of his commitment to the Hurricanes, Hayden Mahoney said he has nixed plans for upcoming visits to Connecticut and Virginia.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/253053106.html#gEFDmImj4TmVUpsQ.99

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still think this is probably a reach, BUT I will say that Virginia churns out Olinemen. If they offered, that is definitely a good sign.

The only thing that gives this kid a little respect from me is the fact that BC offered...they can find some good O-lineman...
I get the fact that our O-line depth is nice...but why put Plan B, C, **** even D and F's behind them...stack the roster...

The only thing that gives this kid a little respect from me is the fact that BC offered...they can find some good O-lineman...
I get the fact that our O-line depth is nice...but why put Plan B, C, **** even D and F's behind them...stack the roster...

I tend to agree, I think this kid is getting dogged disproportionately because we don't have any high-profile OL in the class yet. If we had taken Gauthier and Mahoney last year to pair with Darling and McDermott, no one would have said anything. BC and UVa give some level of hope. Still a reach.

Lot of people said that about Feliciano. With OL you gotta wait and see what they turn into because the ones that need to get a little bigger sometimes get quite a bit bigger.

Advertisement
Lot of people said that about Feliciano. With OL you gotta wait and see what they turn into because the ones that need to get a little bigger sometimes get quite a bit bigger.

Very true.
More than any other position, with offensive linemen, it's not about what the kid is now but what will he be 3 years from now.
If the kid has the frame, the athleticism, and most importantly the football IQ and proper attitude, then take him with open arms, star rating be damned.

One thing we should all realize by now: Golden will not take divas. No bad apples allowed.

There were a lot of me first, highly rated recruits that we didn't heavily recruit.

Advertisement
Back