Official Hawaii Bowl Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocanes

Dolemite isn’t my name
I Guess If You Say So GIF

When bowl is canceled but you in Hawaii

Advertisement
Covid is a legit excuse, but to group in transfers and season ending injuries...sorry that's some babyback bullsh!t. P^ssy move - they just didn't want to get blasted by Memphis, because their starting QB hit the portal and their backup is downright atrocious.

It shouldn’t have been cancelled; it should’ve been deemed a forfeit, and half of the earnings going to Memphis while Hawaii gets nothing. It was a sus move on Hawaii’s part. Had chit to do w/ Covid & everything to do w/ their roster is f’d & didn’t wanna get smoked in front of friends & family. Covid was a convenient excuse.

Advertisement
I vacationed in Hawaii earlier this year. I am not surprised that they canceled the bowl. I found the Hawaiians very distrustful and suspect of travelers. They love nature and their state and I got the sense that they found that travelers come to their island and pollute and damage their natural resources and beauty. They took Covid very, very seriously over there. I suspect that they believe that Covid is only there because of vacationers and foreigners.

Advertisement
I vacationed in Hawaii earlier this year. I am not surprised that they canceled the bowl. I found the Hawaiians very distrustful and suspect of travelers. They love nature and their state and I got the sense that they found that travelers come to their island and pollute and damage their natural resources and beauty. They took Covid very, very seriously over there. I suspect that they believe that Covid is only there because of vacationers and foreigners.

My homegirl told me the same exact thing; she went over there in November & said it was strict af. They were on their heads about everything.

However, and I’m not arguing that fact at all; in this case, Hawaii lumped Covid w/ internal issues the team was having roster wise. If the local authorities would’ve cancelled the game due to Covid, would be right there w/ u, but when u hear a team cancels by saying Covid “and”…..that’s a clear indication they just didn’t want to play or better yet, get embarrassed.

They should be distrustful of their representatives. Their covid cases are rising no matter what precautions they take. And about 20% of their economy comes from tourism. It’s not travelers that are ruining that state.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

When bowl is canceled but you in Hawaii
Man! Good thing I didn’t go with my son. Was going to hope over for a day or two from Maui and catch the game while visiting some family & friends. Glad we decided not to do that. Family came over to visit us in Maui instead.

bs. if it wasn't for tourist that state would be a third world county. they produce nothing

Advertisement
bs. if it wasn't for tourist that state would be a third world county. they produce nothing
You do realize, thanks to the rise of China and the US' disinterest (and waning power) in Europe, that Hawaii (along with Alaska and Guam) are the most strategic locations the US has right now and Billion$ will be spent there to keep it that way.

BTW, the coffee from Kona is really good!

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back