Haven't paid attention. How is Grace doing in ATL so far?

Grace will have a chance to play special teams and add some quality depth. But you haven't watched a lot of Falcon games if you think he's replacing DeVo.

Campbell flashed a few times but overall I wasnt that impressed tends to get lost and I couldnt tell if he was even on the field most of the season last year.
48 tackles for the season doesn't scream I have my position on lock.

Advertisement
Doesn't make sense to me, how the Phins hardly draft guys from The U.. The U constantly puts players in the league and more times than not, they turn out to be the top player at their respected position on the team. All the Phins have to do is send a Scout to monitor these guys, it's in our own backyard.

He was doing very well. Read he's nursing a minor hamstring injury in last week. Would be surprised if he doesn't make team or land on practice squad. Dolphins would have gotten a steal, but of course...

What doesn't make sense is the BOATLOAD of quality free agents they could have signed over the years....

Doesn't make sense to me, how the Phins hardly draft guys from The U.. The U constantly puts players in the league and more times than not, they turn out to be the top player at their respected position on the team. All the Phins have to do is send a Scout to monitor these guys, it's in our own backyard.

He was doing very well. Read he's nursing a minor hamstring injury in last week. Would be surprised if he doesn't make team or land on practice squad. Dolphins would have gotten a steal, but of course...
Off the top of my head, in only the last some odd years, here are just some of the players whose value I really liked and they could have grabbed at a fraction of their worth:

Brandon Linder
Rayshawn Jenkins
Allen Hurns
Anthony Chickillo
Denzel Perryman
Jermaine Grace
Clive Walford
Ladarius Gunter
Danny Isidora

Basically, if you played for Al Golden and you were an NFL prospect, he owes you hundreds of thousands of dollars. Even if only a handful of those players started for the Phins, they'd have a much more valuable roster than they currently own.

Linder, Isidora, Hurns and Grace are massive ****ups to me.

OL has been a problem for years, and when it comes to undrafted guys the Phins should have a massive advantage.

Advertisement
Lu is right - Grace has a legit shot to get in on some sub packages as long as he keeps performing the way he has. As long as his hamstring doesn't limit him too much in Game 3/4 of the preseason, he should make the 53-man roster.

Even though Beasley is listed as a linebacker, that is really just in their base defense, which they aren't in very much. IMO, Grace provides solid depth. The falcons now have a defense with lots of depth, especially on D-line. Been fun to watch these young guys develop, and seeing the parallel between the strategic direction of the Falcons D and the Canes.

I'm REALLY hoping Grace makes the team and does well in the NFL. I already was a fan of his, but after I met his mom in March 2016 working at the hotel we stayed at in Aventura, I was really praying for great things for his family. I've often thought since then that it must be pretty hard on you guys that are around these kids in highschool when things don't work out since obviously it really puts you in their corner when you know them.

I met her because my son had on his Canes hat, and one of the ladies at breakfast said "that ladies son plays for Miami".........so I said hello, and "no kidding". I asked who it was and she thought I wouldn't know who it was, but thanks to all the good info you guys put on this board I was able to tell her I knew all about him. I said I know it's his senior year coming up and I hope he really does well. I had a really nice conversation with her, and it was cool because after that my kids were really looking forward to watching Jermaine play in the upcoming season.

The part you guys might find interesting is that I asked his mom how he was liking things now that Richt was the coach, and she put on such a sweet and sincere voice and said "oh he's he's happy, he's suuuuch a nice man". And she's a tough cookie that doesn't talk that way by default - I know this because there was some rude French guy harassing some other lady there about how he didn't like his breakfast or something, and she put him in his place in a hurry! That made me love her even more.

I want all the Canes to do well, but once you see them or their family up close and personal, it's hard not to really pull for them wanting to see great things happen for their family.

Advertisement
He had a pretty decent outing yesterday and was mentioned a couple of times for having a good camp even though the Falcons 3rd team got pushed around a good bit by the Cardinals 3rd team.

Off the top of my head, in only the last some odd years, here are just some of the players whose value I really liked and they could have grabbed at a fraction of their worth:

Brandon Linder
Rayshawn Jenkins
Allen Hurns
Anthony Chickillo
Denzel Perryman
Jermaine Grace
Clive Walford
Ladarius Gunter
Danny Isidora

Basically, if you played for Al Golden and you were an NFL prospect, he owes you hundreds of thousands of dollars. Even if only a handful of those players started for the Phins, they'd have a much more valuable roster than they currently own.

all but one state of miami players.

Grace showin out tonight in the Falcons last dress rehearsal. Couple of big tackles and a highlight reel interception. This performance just got him on the 53.

Advertisement
Grace is going to be the 2nd best linebacker on the Falcons roster before the season is over

Advertisement
Grace was the best player on our defense a year ago, just before he got booted. There is no doubt in my mind he makes the roster. My question is how high is his ceiling? I think he will not only become a starter, he'll be **** good.

DInDyd9UQAAdiQo.jpg

Advertisement
Back