Hate to say it, BUT

desperate times calls for desperate measures. i never thought in my life time I would ever root against the canes...and then a certain al golden came along. here's the thing...i'm a realist, so no, i don't expect miami to go undefeated every year. however, i do expect them to be competitive every year. i do expect to see progress, and i don't expect to be proud of moral victories.

i've never heard more excuses being used in my life, not even from my 3 yr old cousin when she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. golden has blamed fans, blamed a cloud, blamed some wind, blamed some heat, blamed a social media site, blamed the team being too young, blamed the team lacking depth, blamed playing under the stars, as means to justify his inability to coach up this squad.

when a person has cancer, they go through drastic measures to make sure to get it out of their system....golden is that cancer, and unfortunately, we need drastic measures to get him out from this beloved program.

Advertisement
lost our best 4 players on O(duke, flowers, dorsett, & walford). Lost our best player on D (Perryman). We have a week recruting class w/ at best one impact player for this year (Scarlett). Al Golden is our coach. Mark D'Nofrio is our coach. Paul Williams is our coach. We have a full off-season to beef up our athletes (in a Golden Big 10 way). We have a full off-season to install a patty cake/coal shovler mindstate into our goons on D. If you think this team this upcoming year has a prayer of more then 7 wins you need to get checked into the nearest physiatric ward.

The blessing is the curse, and the curse is the blessing.

If we win a lot we're all stuck still with Al (which sucks balls) and if we lose a lot, well we lose a lot ...(which is a disease, like syphillus) with the ever iffy we might be rid of him syndrome, only to have some new limpdick academia dolt decide Al stays for another I'll kill myself season.

Either way us fans lose - that's how far this horsesh*t program situation has metastasized. My mopery runneth over.

Advertisement
Losing is all that Al knows. The man is a loser. He has loser tendencies. He will once again produce loser results.

I know I'm gonna get my *** kicked over this, but at least I keep my balls. My love for The U football is as intense as can be, but my disdain for Golden is even more intense! I'm convinced that only a utter collapse during the season would be the only way to hastened his departure. Guys let's be honest, if this ******* is 7-6 next year these ******* supporters will see that as his proverbial "progress" and keep this program pyromaniac around until the program is burned to the ground. Can't hide my feeling, losing is the only way to rid The U of this parasite!

You are not a canes fan. No true fan of the Miami Hurricanes WANTS the team to lose. Go root for the Gators.

Advertisement
I hope Kaaya gets hurt and it means we win nothing this year and Golden leaves? Is that OK?

I just dont see how you can be confident that our BOT and President will fire Golden even if goes 3-9....so thats why I cant support the awful season thing...plus that makes 2016 recruits look elsewhere

This admin considers reaching a bowl game a successful season. Things might change w a new prez.

Advertisement
The first sign of the end of Fat Al's reign will be when nobody "renewed" those season tickets and I for one, will not be "renewed"ing 2 of them.

Don't know how somebody would get pumped and look forward to any future games that Miami plays. You're going yo be let down.

Advertisement
I can't root against the canes no matter how badly I want Al gone. In addition, he finished under .500 this year and they kept him, who's to say they want keep him after 4-8 next year?

I can't root against the canes no matter how badly I want Al gone. In addition, he finished under .500 this year and they kept him, who's to say they want keep him after 4-8 next year?

Life is about probabilities. Do you think there's a higher likelihood they keep him after a 4-8 season or after an 8-4 season?

I'll hang up and listen.

Life is about probabilities. Do you think there's a higher likelihood they keep him after a 4-8 season or after an 8-4 season?

I'll hang up and listen.

If he goes 8-4, they will make the excuse that he's making progress. But if he goes 4-8, you can't say progress is made and you can fire his ***. I'd rather the team go 4-8 to get rid of the cancer and maybe save the 2016 class. But maybe he'd be given the Lane Kiffin treatment after FSU.

We just finished a season 6-7 after four years at Miami. He had a Butkis finalist at linebacker, a Mackey finalist at TE, a top 20 LT, programs all time leading rusher, all conference 3rd team qb, Dorsett possible first round WR and somehow the administration justified keeping him because of a cloud, night games, wind and noise. I put nothing past the administration.

Advertisement
Back