Haskins,Tua, Murray ...and Perry

A lot of people back in the day said ous wishbone attack couldn't be stopped .like I've said before the spread is a great open field offense but in the redzone or short yardage it loses its umph.by the way what did ous offense do in overtime starting at the 25 yrd line.and who won the game.

So getting 45 points put on you is shutting it down. Ok

Advertisement
So getting 45 points put on you is shutting it down.
I didn't say shut it down.I said in overtime when the field is confined to the 25 yd line it had a hard time producing points.read it again spread is great in the open field but has a hard time getting results in redzone/short yardage plays against a good defense.I'm not the one who said sec defenses would shut it down.impossible to completely shut down a spread offense see bama vs Texas am and us vs Louisiana tech in 2000.hard to defend something for the first time seeing it but eventually good defenses will adapt and it'll be back to who can out muscle who.wishbone was once a great offense not so much anymore.wac teams in the 80s ran a semi spread caused problems but eventually got dealt with spread will be same way.

So....in other words, you jumped into a conversation to bring up something completely irrelevant. Got it

So....in other words, you jumped into a conversation to bring up something completely irrelevant. Got
No I added why ou lost that game with Georgia last year.that a spread offense is great between the 20s but not inside it.Your not getting my point at sometime during a game there's going to be a short yardage play here and there that will affect the outcome of a game.that's something that Georgia was able to do but ou couldn't because the spread is not designed for short yardage plays.watch any spread team when they lose they couldn't convert a short yardage play.happens every Saturday.

Advertisement
No I added why ou lost that game with Georgia last year.that a spread offense is great between the 20s but not inside it.Your not getting my point at sometime during a game there's going to be a short yardage play here and there that will affect the outcome of a game.that's something that Georgia was able to do but ou couldn't because the spread is not designed for short yardage plays.watch any spread team when they lose they couldn't convert a short yardage play.happens every Saturday.
Oklahoma is 14th in redzone offense bud. Regardless, if you're putting up 40+ points who cares what happens in the red zone. It's not the reason they lost that game...lack of defense is the reason

Haskins throws one of the prettiest footballs I’ve ever seen. Kid has tremendous arm talent.

Oklahoma is 14th in redzone offense bud. Regardless, if you're putting up 40+ points who cares what happens in the red zone. It's not the reason they lost that game...lack of defense is the
Your right about ous defense.but who's won the championship the last several years and what scheme do they run.if you love being a perennial runner up run ous offense.every time ou goes to the playoff they go home after the first game.that's my point and history has proven it.

Advertisement
Your right about ous defense.but who's won the championship the last several years and what scheme do they run.if you love being a perennial runner up run ous offense.every time ou goes to the playoff they go home after the first game.that's my point and history has proven it.

The topic is about OU's offense being stopped. Like I said before, if they are scoring 40+ points against legit competition, then there is no argument.

The topic is about OU's offense being stopped. Like I said before, if they are scoring 40+ points against legit competition, then there is no argument.
What have they won besides a conference championship in a league that doesn't know what a defense is used for.plus it doesn't matter if your scoring 40+ when the opposition is scoring 50+

What have they won besides a conference championship in a league that doesn't know what a defense is used for.plus it doesn't matter if your scoring 40+ when the opposition is scoring 50+

Ok so their defense sucks, the world knows this...its a thread about Quarterbacks and whether their scheme works or not. Now you're trying to change the subject.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back