Has this ever happened before?

Mbecks22

Sophomore
So...

There are 2 Five Star WR's in South Florida - Travis Rudolph (Newman) and Ermon Lane (Homestead). They both look to sign with FSU.

FSU also grabs 2 Three Star WR's from Miami in CJ Worton (Homestead) and JoJo Robinson (N'western).

So my question is.......

Has one of our In-state Rivals ever come down here and plucked their entire WR class before? 4 kids?

I didn't notice that until now.... but that's a crazy good job by them. WTF are we doing down there?

I understand our successes and failures at QB, RB, OL, DE, DT, LB, and S

But for the life of me... I have no idea what went on at both WR and CB recruiting in 2014.

I hope they nailed their evals on our 3 WR commits... cuz it's gunna be really ugly around here in a few years if Langham and Brady don't outproduce their rankings. When you let that much talent walk to your #1 Rival you better hope to **** you come up with some Gems.

Advertisement
So...

There are 2 Five Star WR's in South Florida - Travis Rudolph (Newman) and Ermon Lane (Homestead). They both look to sign with FSU.

FSU also grabs 2 Three Star WR's from Miami in CJ Worton (Homestead) and JoJo Robinson (N'western).

So my question is.......

Has one of our In-state Rivals ever come down here and plucked their entire WR class before? 4 kids?

I didn't notice that until now.... but that's a crazy good job by them. WTF are we doing down there?

I understand our successes and failures at QB, RB, OL, DE, DT, LB, and S

But for the life of me... I have no idea what went on at both WR and CB recruiting in 2014.

I hope they nailed their evals on our 3 WR commits... cuz it's gunna be really ugly around here in a few years if Langham and Brady don't outproduce their rankings. When you let that much talent walk to your #1 Rival you better hope to **** you come up with some Gems.

NOT THIS $%$^ again!

Don't think JoJo ends up in their class.

We missed on Dixon, Lane, Rudolph is what happened. We liked Brady, Langham, Berrios > Worton and Robinson.

Trust the process (Even if the process involves letting FSU come in your backyard and steal your 5* WRs/DBs/RBs)

They both got 5 star ratings after FSU won the NC.... It's called the "Bama bump". No big deal.

Advertisement
Only guys I'm upset about are Rudolph (because he was once committed to us/Steve Walsh is his H.S. coach) and Cook (his two best friends on his H.S. team are coming here, but he isn't...major ???).

Lane can GTFO of Dade County as far as I'm concerned. Kid seems like he has a ****** attitude and is extremely self-involved.

Dixon just wanted to get out of state and see something new (can't blame him, even if he is going to go play for scumbag Meyer).

gotta beat these guys next year, somehow, someway, cant continue to get caught up in this macro view of things, one year at a time,gotta find a way to win at home next year

Who said we "let those kid walk away". Please enlighten me on what more the staff could have done to force these kids to join the U. We recruited the two 5 stars and they choose to go else where. The staff has a lot to prove but the "let them walk" stuff is just silly.

2015 will be our year of the WR there focus was on defense primarly but Rudolph was commit but felt betryed they recruited him at DB and then switched to WideOut when they found out he wanted to be a WR so he felt they didn't see his true value at WR IMO. Lane was probably considering early but its been clear he wants nothing to do with MIA IMO. Honestly im hoping he suprises everyone and pulls our Hat but its not going to happen. CJ is good but we were probably too late and he probalby wanted to go to FSU not everybody grow up being a cane. JOJO i believe never really trusted Golden and thats why he is not considering it would have been great to have him come here off his name alone but he is USF or ARK bound IMO.

Advertisement
Those two five stars are both really good players whether they're ranked top 10 or top 300. It's disappointing since one was penciled in early and the other was committed but nothing we can do about it. Our receiver class seems to be plenty talented so no sense in worrying about it. Hope for the best and watch them develop

Those two five stars are both really good players whether they're ranked top 10 or top 300. It's disappointing since one was penciled in early and the other was committed but nothing we can do about it. Our receiver class seems to be plenty talented so no sense in worrying about it. Hope for the best and watch them develop

What fun would that be?

Much more fun to attack the staff with grade school nicknames and beat a dead horse criticism.

To the overall point. It is not that shocking to me that FSU pulled those recruits given their success on the NC, their QB and receivers leaving. We've sucked for a number of years, just got finished with an investigation, got romped in a bowl game and our local schools and fans hate us. ****, our recruiting experts alone side with everyone but the school and staff.

I'll take our receiver class plus Kaaya's boy the 16th year old giant any day, but missing local guys is always aggravating.

So I'll take it the answer is no

Fsu or uf haven't ever come down and grabbed an entire wr corp from our backyard before

Cool

Advertisement
2015 will be our year of the WR there focus was on defense primarly but Rudolph was commit but felt betryed they recruited him at DB and then switched to WideOut when they found out he wanted to be a WR so he felt they didn't see his true value at WR IMO. Lane was probably considering early but its been clear he wants nothing to do with MIA IMO. Honestly im hoping he suprises everyone and pulls our Hat but its not going to happen. CJ is good but we were probably too late and he probalby wanted to go to FSU not everybody grow up being a cane. JOJO i believe never really trusted Golden and thats why he is not considering it would have been great to have him come here off his name alone but he is USF or ARK bound IMO.

656.gif

If I had a nickel everytime this statement is made. The only things that change is the positions and year.....

Fsu or uf haven't ever come down and grabbed an entire wr corp from our backyard before

Cool

Or maybe no one wants to discuss a topic that has been talked about ad nauseum. Everyone knows Miami missed on Rudolph and Lane. We don't need another passive aggressive post to take a jab at the staff, we are all quite aware of this failure.

You'll know when I'm critical of the staff. Trust me

I'm just shocked that of the whole country, fsu at the absolute peak of it's recruiting prowess, and they take 4 wr commits all from s fla

Usually they have atleast one tally kid and maybe another national dude in there

Advertisement
Alot of these kids are frontrunners. They want to play for a team that competes for or wins a national title. We need to get to that level for more reasons than one.

Nice to have all these EX Canes coaching HS football in south florida. Nicer if we could recruit a few more of their kids.

Cool

Looking at recruiting classes on Rivals, which go back to 2002, FSU signed multiple players from South Florida at the same position several times (Green and Benjamin a few years ago is one example), but not that many at one position. This only goes back to 2002 though. In 2002 Florida signed 4 players listed as DEs from South Florida (Ray McDonald, Steve Harris, Mackenzie Pierre, Taurean Charles) and the next year signed 2 more (Tranell Morant, Johnny Dingle). Also, in 2010 they signed 3 WRs (Quinton Dunbar, Chris Dunkley, Robert Clark). Again, this only goes back to 2002, so there are probably more examples, and I would guess this would be likely when we were on probation.

Advertisement
Back