Rumor Has NFL(esque) Structure Finally Arrived to NCAA?

Advertisement
Is this the dawn of a new day?

Is Miami going to particpate?

Has to include a collective bargaining type agreement that sets a salary cap of sorts from the schools fund at least. Otherwise 99.99% of universities may as well just end their FB program. NIL should be uncapped because that’s, technically, the kids right to earn however much someone wants to compensate for their NIL usage.

Has to include a collective bargaining type agreement that sets a salary cap of sorts from the schools fund at least. Otherwise 99.99% of universities may as well just end their FB program. NIL should be uncapped because that’s, technically, the kids right to earn however much someone wants to compensate for their NIL usage.
You can’t cap NIL, pretty sure that was the ruling of the court. If someone knows else, then feel free to correct.

I’d like to see a proposal the diverts some of the funds in the pool to the smaller sports. Might help schools keep smaller sports.

Advertisement
NIL should be uncapped because that’s, technically, the kids right to earn however much someone wants to compensate for their NIL usage.

There just have to be restrictions in place on where this NIL money comes from. NIL money from NIke or your TikTok channel? No limits. NIL money from a booster? That's what got us where we are now.

Advertisement
You can’t cap NIL, pretty sure that was the ruling of the court. If someone knows else, then feel free to correct.

I’d like to see a proposal the diverts some of the funds in the pool to the smaller sports. Might help schools keep smaller sports.

That’s what I said. NIL has to be uncapped. But the proposition is NIL + a university trust fund. The trust fund needs a cap otherwise nearly every school will not be able to compete at all against certain schools who make a **** ton. Imagine the fund Texas could put together vs others if left uncapped.

That’s what I said. NIL has to be uncapped. But the proposition is NIL + a university trust fund. The trust fund needs a cap otherwise nearly every school will not be able to compete at all against certain schools who make a **** ton. Imagine the fund Texas could put together vs others if left uncapped.
Maybe have a luxury tax like the MLB, but the excess get distributed back to the smaller sports or somewhere else teachers association idk.

I’m just not sure the court is gonna like the idea of “buying NIL rights” then putting a cap on it.

Maybe have a luxury tax like the MLB, but the excess get distributed back to the smaller sports or somewhere else teachers association idk.

I’m just not sure the court is gonna like the idea of “buying NIL rights” then putting a cap on it.

These seem separate no? The kids can shop around for all the NIL they can get + receiving a “salary” from the schools trust fund. At least that’s how I took it. If the trust is uncapped I think that will be terrible for the sport. End it even.

I see where you’re coming from and the trust could be presumed NIL compensation from the school itself. I think it has to be proposed in a way that’s geared more towards a salary and capped. There would be no stopping Texas from paying the whole team a million a year.

Outside NIL deals cannot be restricted.

These seem separate no? The kids can shop around for all the NIL they can get + receiving a “salary” from the schools trust fund. At least that’s how I took it. If the trust is uncapped I think that will be terrible for the sport. End it even.

I understood it as the trust fund buys the player’s NIL rights for a price then the get a assortment of sponsorship options?

This is a confusing proposal, im gonna wait for pate or someone else to do a deep dive and explain it

Advertisement
Advertisement
This will officially make FBS college football a AAA league to the NFL.
Then high school AA, Elementary A, until the money reaches peewee rookie ball. Betting on kiddie games will go mainstream, miami gonna wipe Vegas clean.

I understood it as the trust fund buys the player’s NIL rights for a price then the get a assortment of sponsorship options?

This is a confusing proposal, im gonna wait for pate or someone else to do a deep dive and explain it

I didn’t see that follow up. Interesting. I wonder if the school then would need financial justification on the amount a player receives?

Something showing x player brought in x amount in sales/revenue and is compensated x amount. If it’s based on NIL there needs to be a way to justify it. You couldn’t just pay players an exorbitant amount that their NIL doesn’t bring in.

I didn’t see that follow up. Interesting. I wonder if the school then would need financial justification on the amount a player receives?

Something showing x player brought in x amount in sales/revenue and is compensated x amount. If it’s based on NIL there needs to be a way to justify it. You couldn’t just pay players an exorbitant amount that their NIL doesn’t bring in.
the entire structure is gonna be a bureaucratic nightmare however they set it up. Also with big money and Title IX in play, that’s a tightrope in itself

Advertisement
Back