Has KW Seen This Alvin Cook Article?

zoso493

Redshirt *** Splitter
http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/17176/cook-talks-recruiting-at-award-ceremony/

Cook, right, accepts the South Florida player of the year award. (Photo by Safid Deen/Miami Herald)

Miami Central running back Dalvin Cook was presented Saturday with the South Florida player of the year award from the Warren Henry Auto Group and Tournament of Champions, Inc.

Afterward, he discussed his recruitment with two local media outlets.

In an interview with Josh Darrow of South Florida High School Sports, Cook was asked if reports that he met with Florida and Florida State on the last day of the contact period (Dec. 15) were true.

“No,” he replied. “I had shut my recruitment down, and I just let everyone know that I thank them for recruiting me. But nobody came by.”

Cook then made several comments that seemed positive in regards to UF.

When asked why Gator fans should believe he’s still coming, Cook had this to say.

“Everybody thinks I might not be going to Florida because they had a down year. But I watch college football a whole lot. I watched Auburn last year, and they were 3-9. Everybody has their down year. That’s why people probably think I won’t go there, but there’s always a chance. I’m still committed to Florida.”

Darrow told Cook people don’t believe that, to which he responded, “I know, but you still gotta look. I’m a commit, and that’s all you can say until I flip. That’s it.”

Cook said the school he decided on the week leading up to the state championship is still his choice, which he plans to reveal at halftime of the Under Armour All-America Game on Jan. 2.

Cook said the coaches that were the least intrusive during the contact period won him over.

“You’re going to always know when someone is loyal to you,” he said. “When I was around that group of coaches, I just felt it. Those guys, they kept it real with me, and I just felt like that was the place for me.

“I knew I was comfortable (with them) when the recruiting process really got heated up, and those coaches really just laid back and let the whole thing go by. They didn’t really bug me that much … and I just figured out those were the right coaches for me.”

If those comments are how Cook actually feels, that should all but eliminate Miami. Following the state title game, he said the Hurricanes came by his house and/or school every day once he signed a financial aid agreement with them.

Cook also told Darrow his senior season was probably the last time he’ll play with teammate and UM commit Joseph Yearby.

That would mean it’s a battle between the Gators and ’Noles, which has been the general consensus for the past week or so.

Florida State visited Cook on the first day of the contact period and saw him much more than Florida during those two weeks. The UF coaches appear to be the ones that didn’t “bug” him.

With FSU getting ready to play for the national championship and UF coming off a 4-8 season, perhaps this comment from Saturday in the Miami Herald’s story on Cook is another indication of where he may be heading.

“I feel great about all the schools in Florida right now,” Cook said when discussing his decision. “At any time a program can go down and a program can go up.

“I just feel like if you’re a great player, a team is always missing that one guy that can take them to the next level. And if you trust in yourself and you go do it and you put your mind to it, you can change the team."

Advertisement
I'm on my phone and it's too much of a pain in my *** to bold things, but those quotes about coaches not bugging him and him telling Darrow he's not playing with Yearby anymore don't sound encouraging.

[
67.png

Advertisement
Zoso the way you spin the facts it sure sounds like the ***s. I still say UM.

Obvious troll is obvious.. Cook ain't coming Golden did everything LEGALLY he could do. Get JC Jackson, Juco DT, and get Griffin qualified and this class is top 5..

Advertisement
This dude has said different things to different people. Truth is nobody really knows. I know things don't look bright for UM right now but let the next week or so before the UA game play out. Hopefully the kid realizes how much family matters.

Another thread on Cook I will be glad when this fiasco is over with. I'm at a point now I can careless where he goes, I only want players that truly want to be here.

Advertisement
Tell you what, if we can get Heurtelou in, get Griffin and Gray qualified, and keep what we have, IDGAF what COok does. FOr real. Getting JC Jackson would be icing on the cake of an EPIC class. People dont realize how awesome Gray is. If we get that kid qualified, he's going to be a monster.

Another thread on Cook I will be glad when this fiasco is over with. I'm at a point now I can careless where he goes, I only want players that truly want to be here.

it'll be another Cook situation next year, similar to Collins last year, and so on...

Tell you what, if we can get Heurtelou in, get Griffin and Gray qualified, and keep what we have, IDGAF what COok does. FOr real. Getting JC Jackson would be icing on the cake of an EPIC class. People dont realize how awesome Gray is. If we get that kid qualified, he's going to be a monster.

And Powell isn't a 2 star either, we have a great class, just holding it together should be the main worries. Not if Cook comes (which would be gravy).

Advertisement
In before retards bash Golden for recruiting Cook "too hard". Obvious failure.....recruited hardest, not best.

If he's actually telling the truth in this interview I was worried about this at the time.....

There's gotta be a fine line about crowding the kid out. Don't want to be like the pushy "soon to be" Ex-girlfriend.

It's a delicate balancing act. Reality is, he's probably just justifying a reason to himself for choosing the away team. Probably no correct way to recruit a kid like this.

It's a delicate balancing act. Reality is, he's probably just justifying a reason to himself for choosing the away team. Probably no correct way to recruit a kid like this.

This. Kid would've complained that he wasn't getting enough love if AG and Coley didn't pay as much attention to him.

Advertisement
Back