Has Kaaya Regressed?

Firesite

Wins over Everything!
Has Kaaya regressed or is it the play calling? It seems like this year besides the App state game he hasn't looked anything like he did under ****** Coley. A lot of football to be played but man tonight just hurt like ****.

Advertisement
It's scary to think that. These offenses look similar in regards to Coley and Richt. Richt is really out of it IMO. First offensive series and you calling pass on first and second down?

I hate to say it but..

I think richt is calling a super conservative game plan because he has zero confidence whatsoever in kayaa

it's sad

Advertisement
If Coley was calling this game we would have never been in this game. Coley would have had us three and out early and the defense would have been gassed. You guys have know idea what you are watching. Richt called an excellent game we had a chance to tie the game at the end. If we hit the extra point we play for the win in overtime! Coley would have never put you in that position in comeback game.

Kaaya did the best he could possibly do. He made the U proud in me and I was proud in him. We displayed greatly tonight but came up short. We need to stick together, there is no U in me.

Advertisement
If Coley was calling this game we would have never been in this game. Coley would have had us three and out early and the defense would have been gassed. You guys have know idea what you are watching. Richt called an excellent game we had a chance to tie the game at the end. If we hit the extra point we play for the win in overtime! Coley would have never put you in that position in comeback game.

2015: 425 yards, 24 pts, 28:37 TOP
2016: 276 yards, 19 pts, 23:03 TOP

And FSUs D this year is plain trash. Richt/Kaaya were miserable, no 2 ways about it. Anyone who says different is lying to themselves. Coley, for all his flaws (and there are many), threatened FSUs D more with his play calling last year by a mile.

Kaaya is not a running qb. Needs time in the pocket and FAU, a nobody team, showed us that our OL can't block. Richt couldn't use TEs because if they had been our running routes, Kaaya would had .5 seconds to throw the ball. We needed WRs to step up but they didn't for the most part. I guess you can criticize Kaaya for not being Cam Newton he played well but made one awful awful decision that may have cost us the game.

Lacks pocket presence. Can't feel pressure and certainly can't move around to avoid it. Severely limits his potential.

Can make the throws (both TDs to coley were dimes), but seems to lock in and/or force it at times.

OL certainly isn't doing him any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Yards do not mean much to me. The kid cannot handle pressure at all. Can he make all of the throws? IMO yes but does he have the "it" factore you need from a QB? The answer is No.

Advertisement
Kaaya is not a running qb. Needs time in the pocket and FAU, a nobody team, showed us that our OL can't block. Richt couldn't use TEs because if they had been our running routes, Kaaya would had .5 seconds to throw the ball. We needed WRs to step up but they didn't for the most part. I guess you can criticize Kaaya for not being Cam Newton he played well but made one awful awful decision that may have cost us the game.

We don't need him to be Cam Newton. We just need him to not be a foot shuffler and complete statue under pressure. I have no idea why Richt insists on rolling him out of the pocket on some plays. It's absolutely painful to watch.

Same guy I watched for three years. 3 and out Brad. Dude takes entire quarters off. Seems too soft to play here. Boring

Kayaa is fine..... As a college QB.

Pocket passerò to an extreme.

We lost the game because FSU had a better half time adjustments and we got too tired.

Offense was predictable. Hate to say it but we were out-coached in the second half.

Advertisement
Back