Has anyone been to Neyland Stadium?

Advertisement
Thinking of checking out Florida vs Tennessee while proudly wearing some Miami Hurricanes gear.
Yes. Multiple times. Amazing venue, the atmosphere will be incredible. The stadium will shake.

Parking will be the third level of ****. There is no good option other than to suffer. Or walk from your hotel.

DM me if you need anything.

Advertisement
One of the best sporting venues you can visit. It is astonishing how loud it gets. Fans are friendly and you’ll be unified in your hatred for the gayta. The Vol Navy is worth checking out too. They usually start pulling up the night before. Basically a bunch of fans partying on their boats. You can get decent ribs at Calhouns on the River and enjoy a spirit or brew of choice

Been there before had a lot of fun. If you want to try some excellent food check out Sweet Peas in Knoxville. It’s fcking incredible. Gotta check it out if you go

Was there in 2002...Amazing time. Only other place where opposing Fans treated me as well was in Omaha for the UM vs FSU final in 99...

Advertisement
Has UT turned the corner or has the schedule been favorable?
Their offense is ridiculously hard to defend even for good defenses. If Tillman is hurt it will limit them a bit, but they can run with Hooker and their backs so far. I’m interested to see what happens against a more physical secondary, but Pitts defense couldn’t really stop them. Their problem long term will be defense. Not many playmakers

Yes. Multiple times. Amazing venue, the atmosphere will be incredible. The stadium will shake.

Parking will be the third level of ****. There is no good option other than to suffer. Or walk from your hotel.

DM me if you need anything.
Yeah Uber from hotel. Stayed in Powell,tn last weekend for the game for way cheaper than downtown Knoxville. Uber costed me $20 to get downtown.

I think Heupel gets them back to respectability but if Nico is the truth then I can see them being a playoff contender sometime in the next 3-4 years.

Outside of a generational QB though I think they're a perennial 9 win type team.

Advertisement
Get there before rush hour, if youre arriving Friday. Traffic sucks in Knoxville. If you get a chance, head a little east to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and go taste testing at the distilleries. Some good moonshine!

Advertisement
Next time plan ahead. Walk along the water to Calhoun's and the game.

WEnt there for the 02 game. Knoxville is pretty dumpy but there's a strip near campus that's filled with bars and great for walking down and checking out. The river tailgating is quite the scene - pretty cool.

What struck me, though, was how nice the fans were.

Last edited:
Was there in 2002...Amazing time. Only other place where opposing Fans treated me as well was in Omaha for the UM vs FSU final in 99...

Yes, back in '02. Great tailgating and atmosphere.
Was there as well. They hate the gator as much as we do. You’ll get a warm welcome with your Canes gear. Calhoun’s is a must.

Advertisement
Back