Hartley tweet

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
saban recruits like a monster what separates him IMO is he identifies whos what so he misses rarely on knowing what a guy will be, thats what hes elite at and hes elite at recruiting. Zook can recruit but no one has the Saban eye as of yet Butch was the same way and it seems Kirby is similar in his recruiting hard tactic $$........but Saban separates himself with evals. I was talking out of my *** with the coaching **** but hes not some mastermind....Im pretty sure he teaches things other coaches know but its his recruiting and evals that trump anything anyone else can do at the college level.

His recruiting evals = offering every 5 star prospect. He has an eye for db recruits ill give him that...But he isnt the goat at identifying prospects. I mean every kid he got from s.fla we knew what they were and what they would do at Bama.

saban recruits like a monster what separates him IMO is he identifies whos what so he misses rarely on knowing what a guy will be, thats what hes elite at and hes elite at recruiting. Zook can recruit but no one has the Saban eye as of yet Butch was the same way and it seems Kirby is similar in his recruiting hard tactic $$........but Saban separates himself with evals. I was talking out of my *** with the coaching **** but hes not some mastermind....Im pretty sure he teaches things other coaches know but its his recruiting and evals that trump anything anyone else can do at the college level.

Yeah, an annual recruiting budget probably about as large as our athletic department budget and a booster network like none in history doesn't hurt either.

Yep.

I'll take Butch's evals over Saban and it's not even close.

And good news about Zipperer and Huff.

His recruiting evals = offering every 5 star prospect. He has an eye for db recruits ill give him that...But he isnt the goat at identifying prospects. I mean every kid he got from s.fla we knew what they were and what they would do at Bama.

Advertisement
Yep.

I'll take Butch's evals over Saban and it's not even close.

And good news about Zipperer and Huff.

Funny, because i remember Butch evaluating the Browns job over the decades of dominance he could have had here.

Advertisement
Yep, unfortunately he wanted to test the NFL waters to see how he'd do - and pocket a bit more dough, too.

Can't blame him for that.

We clearly would've had a couple more championships if he'd stuck around.

Ancient history now.

Time for Richt to get us a couple.

Funny, because i remember Butch evaluating the Browns job over the decades of dominance he could have had here.

1524748624601.png

I was at a coaching clinic and Hartley spoke there. He specifically said he looks for two TEs, one to be the Y (more of the pass catcher) and one as the F (more of the H-Back blocking/catching hybrid). He actually admitted that last season was hindered bc Njoku left and it was only Herndon. Helps diversify personnel and whatnot.

Anywho, I think if Hartley wants Zip, Hartley will get Zip.

Was Eddie Jackson such a known commodity in South Florida? I am genuinely asking... I really do not remember hearing his name as a recruit for us.

Advertisement
Back