Harsin

Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll get a HC job somewhere. Arizona State, Colorado are the 2 that come to mind off the top of my head. Good football coach, just not a good fit at Auburn.
Agree. Auburn is also a nightmare of a job. Their boosters tamper with their program too much, and their Athletic Department has been a disaster for years. Don't like Harsin at all, but I don't feel like he got a fair shake there.

Agree. Auburn is also a nightmare of a job. Their boosters tamper with their program too much, and their Athletic Department has been a disaster for years. Don't like Harsin at all, but I don't feel like he got a fair shake there.

And media made fun of Miami last year :rolleyes:

Advertisement
Tonight Show Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

There is a guy just down the street who is an OC at Mario's former school he was HC at. I think they also might have crossed paths at Oregon. Not sure if he is a "culture" fit but he certainly has the mad scientist look about him.

Advertisement
He's a coRch, His only claim to fame was coat-tailing off of what Petersen did. A REAL coach can coach anywhere, there's no such thing as "fit".

Bro, what?

Listen, I know we love to throw that term around, but maybe I would agree w/ this take if after Peterson’s players left, he fell off. He was still wildly successful at Boise. If anything, Boise have fallen off since he left.

Dude was at AU for 1.5 yrs. Imo, AU was looking to get rid of him 6 months into being hired. AU is a terrible job; honestly. They’ve had minimal success throughout their long history. 1957 & 2010 r their only titles, w/ 2010 being on the shoulders of Cam. My lil cousin played for them before transferring to So Miss; he’ll tell u himself AU can’t get out of its own way. Instead of focusing on them, they r too busy focusing on what Bama is doing, so they grow impatient real quick. Ur only saving grace is if u can beat Bama in The Iron Bowl.

I wouldn’t judge him off of AU.

Advertisement
From Auburn 247 site:

No high school relationships
high school coaches have been very disappointed by the lack of communication from Bryan Harsin since he arrived at Auburn. One called it the worst situation he’s ever seen at a program in the state.

Not on the road
The dead period ended and schools were able to go back on the road on January 14 of this year. The first week Bryan Harsin visited a few schools in the Birmingham area. That’s it. That’s the total amount of schools he visited the first week of the open period when head coaches were allowed on the road. During that same stretch Kirby Smart went to 27 schools and Nick Saban visited schools in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas and California.

Harsin was on the road the final last week and did a good job of seeing schools in Alabama and Georgia, but by then the damage was done. In particular that was the case at nearby Central-Phenix City.

Coach Patrick Nix had called to make sure Auburn was going to come by the school, but to no avail. Finally, on the last day, Harsin made the trip over to the school that features a trio of trio prospects in A.J. Harris, Tomarrion Parker and Karmello English. It was the first time an Auburn coach had been in the school during the visit period, a school 30 minutes away from campus.

Auburn went back in the school in the spring, but didn’t see the Red Devils in pads during spring practices. I’m told that was a big deal for the kids and particularly hurt them as they were trying to get back into the mix.

That carried over this fall where Auburn’s coordinators, offensive line coach and tight ends coach didn’t go on the road until the bye week of the schedule, week eight. Those directives came from the top down and wasn’t indicative of the work ethic of the assistants. I’m told Harsin wanted them in Friday night meetings at the hotel instead of on the road recruiting. The staff has used almost all of its recruiting days thanks to a busy bye week, but by then the damage was already done with players making decisions and cutting down lists.

Junior Day fiascos
For the entire month of January, three weekends worth, Auburn had none of the top 15 players in Alabama for the 2023 class on campus. 0-15. That’s an impossible thing to wrap your head around, but it’s exactly what happened.

It’s that lack of understanding and planning that showed up throughout the 20 months or so Harsin was on campus. The weekend before the Tigers decided to have a Junior Day with Auburn basketball playing host to Kentucky early on a Saturday. The staff sent out invitations, but it was already too late. Other schools had been planning weeks and months in advance because of the limited time in January to get kids on campus. Auburn was left with nobody being able to show up.

That meant the 100 tickets reserved for the Junior Day went back to the ticket office. Fortunately they were able to offer them to former Auburn basketball players and families to allow them the opportunity to come to a game.

Dude just got fired
what do you guys think of him?
he was a pretty good qb coach/OC
maybe we should sniff around for him as a possible OC replacement
Go ahead and give his agent a call to see if there is any interest. Keep us posted.

Advertisement
Back