2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

I'll be interested to see if they make highlights and headlines on ESPN. Purely to see how it all goes down.

Last guy that happened with on a weekly basis at a lower tier school (higher on the rungs than JSU) were those who went to Marshall. Randy Moss and the two QB's Leftwich and Pennington. Will Hunter it anyone else they sign make the kind of national noise like those guys? Guess we'll see.
Will any of their games be nationally televised?

Advertisement
He's 100% not committing to us. I'll be surprised if he even makes that visit. Like it's been said already, supposedly his ppl are not fond of him coming to Miami. He must be a knuckle head .....which I don't give af about if they're talented lol I'll still take. But yeah, not happening!

Advertisement
Advertisement
One reason I have a deep love for UM football is because Howard Schnellenberger was one of the first coaches who went into black hoods like liberty city and offered black athletes a chance to play at a major university. Let’s be honest when we started whipping up on good ole Notre Dame, OU, Bama , Texas on NATIONAL TELEVISION it was a shock to America. Terms like “Thugs” and “Thug U” was pretty much code for u know what. Add to the fact that Miami is home to many minorities both culturally and social economically (Immigrants such as our Cuban brothers and Sisters for example) and have always have the world against us mentality and I was hooked.

The first African American athlete to play major college sports was Ray Bellamy at the U.

In today’s world it doesn’t matter if you’re white black brown or blue. All that matters is you bleed green and orange. We are hated nowadays because we are simply “the U”

Last edited:
One reason I have a deep love for UM football is because Howard Schnellenberger went into black hoods like liberty city and offered black athletes a chance to play at a major university. Let’s be honest when we started whipping up on good ole Notre Dame, OU, Bama , Texas on NATIONAL TELEVISION it was a shock to America. Terms like “Thugs” and “Thug U” was pretty much code for u know what. Add to the fact that Miami is home to many minorities both culturally and social economically (Immigrants such as our Cuban brothers and Sisters for example) and have always have the world against us mentality and I was hooked.

In today’s world it doesn’t matter if you’re white black brown or blue. All that matters is you bleed green and orange. We are hated nowadays because we are simply “the U”
Love U man! 1000% in agreement with you. There is only one U, The U!!! Go Canes!! ALWAYS!!

same shit GIF

Advertisement
I feel u but I wouldn't even care if there was a Puerto Rican league I would want my elite Ricans to go to UM. That's how my U fan in me is. But that's just me though I root only for UM I don't care about anyone else tbh.
Well Puerto Ricans haven't suffered in this country the way blacks have. So you don't understand why HBCU's were created and your parents didn't attend segregated schools. So me and you aren't even speaking from the same perspective and b this is something you can't understand.

You are inserting race into the convo. Not appropriate imo

You are inserting race into the convo. Not appropriate imo
Well HBCU'S were created because of race and blacks not being able to go to PWI's so how do you remove it from the conversation. And idc what you think is appropriate when the school or schools that are being talked about and clowned because of their limited resources are black schools.

Your a good poster so wasn’t trying to go on the attack. This is a personal topic for me because I’m 72 years old and when I came out of HS in 1966..I had 3 options..Vietnam, Bethune or FAMU. I went to the Air Force for a few tours then came back to the states and had 2 college options..FAMU and Bethune. Chose FAMU. No other PWI would even give my application a look even though I served. And i wasn’t trying to be “James Meredith” either because I wasn’t going to be non-violent if someone tried some **** with me on a campus where I was the first black student.

Don’t want to derail the thread. Like I said, it’s deeper them UM football for some of us. That’s why when people take shots at HBCUs..I defend them because FAMU saved my life.
Thanks for your service. Appreciate you sharing part of your life story.

On a side note - did you graduate or ever run into @fraggle ??

Advertisement
I'm shocked at the number of people that believe if a talented kid goes to a hbcu that the kid won't get drafted highly. Lol
You guys are crazy. Alabama state university put a guy in the first round a couple of years back and he was a OL ( the very area -trenches- that some of you are ragging on the most). If you're talented, they will snatch you up no matter where you are. Same way they snatch up kids from these small *** non-hbcu schools.

Advertisement
Back