2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

The undersold part is that it’s never been less risky to go to a school like JSU because of the portal. Hunter can play there one year, shred the world up, and go anywhere he wants next season or thereafter.

Totally different world if he and Coleman had to sit out a year.

Advertisement
Let's see if any of these 'shock the world' kids are still with deon in three years. Hopefully they didn't get used for him to move on before they leave. I have a hard time believing they'll get developed there as well as they could have if they'd have gone to a high end p5 school. Prime needs to stay there and develop these kids or the trend could be over as quickly as it started.
😂

Jackson State is the new U! Much like the early 80s a rising cultural force in the core of Mississippi is threatening to shake up the cfb power structure.

Sorry white privilege: HBCU is coming like Wakanda to claim its empire!
**** I wanted Miami to be that school again that will shake up the world. I guess we are gonna have to wait another 20 years cause Jackson State is next.

The undersold part is that it’s never been less risky to go to a school like JSU because of the portal. Hunter can play there one year, shred the world up, and go anywhere he wants next season or thereafter.

Totally different world if he and Coleman had to sit out a year.
Pretty sure you never had to sit out a year to go from FCS to FBS.

Advertisement
I highly doubt u would be saying this if any recruit that went to a HBCU wasn’t a recruit linked to us.
Furthermore HBCUs, while often overlooked, have produced a great crop of NFL HOFers &/or multiple pro bowl caliber players. Yes the resources r limited, just like other FCS schools, but if a player can play they can play.

Again, it was all laughs & giggles when Travis Hunter committed to JSU, but now Coleman (committed), along w/ possibly Perkins & Stewart having interest is the only reason U & other posters have a problem. Just keep it 100; u don’t give af about the perceived player development, u care if JSU is taking players off our plate. That’s fine, but this energy u posted, I’m sure it wasn’t towards Hunter.

If they wanna follow the bull chit Deion is selling, fine, but let’s not act like it’s no different than the bull chit all these P5 coaches are selling & they wind up in the vortex called the transfer portal.

The reason we're even talking about this it's because it's related to players we're recruiting (this is a Miami site after all). I didn't really have an opinion on the Travis Hunter thing, I just assumed he didn't want to be part of the clown show that is FSU and maybe had a good relationship with Deion (being a CB and all).

With respect to the player development comment, I wasn't saying that I'm concerned with the players development (for altruistic reasons), I just think the players themselves should be concerned about their own development, and take that into consideration when making informed decisions about their future.

I think me being a Miami fan doesn't invalidate the comments I was making regarding the difference in resources and competition. If you disagree then we can agree to disagree.

Ultimately like I mentioned, I think it's a moot point because the players can always just transfer out when Deion likely bounces in a year or 2.

Jackson State is the new U! Much like the early 80s a rising cultural force in the core of Mississippi is threatening to shake up the cfb power structure.

Sorry white privilege: HBCU is coming like Wakanda to claim its empire!
OK Mr. Urine

Advertisement
I'm not going to shoot down any kid that want's to attend a HBCU because before anything I'm black and I'm not going to buy into the idea that a PWI is better. I love my Canes and I would rather lose those kids to a HBCU than to anyone else. I'm not ever down talking HBCU's and putting limits on what they can do for elite kids if they get them. Every elite kid that has attended UM with all the resources doesn't make the NFL either and the people on this post down talking JSU don't bat a eye at that.

The practice field pic says it all... You can't help anyone willing to sign up for that! Good luck to anyone that goes there over a legitimate P5 school.
Issa Kelli GIF by Insecure on HBO

Advertisement
I'm not going to shoot down any kid that want's to attend a HBCU because before anything I'm black and I'm not going to buy into the idea that a PWI is better. I love my Canes and I would rather lose those kids to a HBCU than to anyone else. I'm not ever down talking HBCU's and putting limits on what they can do for elite kids if they get them. Every elite kid that has attended UM with all the resources doesn't make the NFL either and the people on this post down talking JSU don't bat a eye at that.
You are inserting race into the convo. Not appropriate imo

This is true. It's why kids used to drop down for 1 year then transfer back to a different P5. That way you don't miss a year of playing time. Didn't Cam Newton do that between UF and Auburn?
He went to Juco bc he had to. He got into legal trouble for allegedly stealing a laptop. Can’t remember if he actually got charged or whatever but he got kicked out.

Advertisement
He went to Juco bc he had to. He got into legal trouble for allegedly stealing a laptop. Can’t remember if he actually got charged or whatever but he got kicked out.
Lol that's right. Jumped out a window or something?

There used to be more kids that dropped down to FCS instead of sitting a year. It doesn't seem as popular these days.

JSU just got a 5* transfer from A&M from the '20 class. I doubt they'd be able to pull another one from HS in the same year

Advertisement
Back