2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

Advertisement
I really don’t see the attraction going to Jackson State. The shine of Deion and the money will go away fast, when their game is not televised and no one cares about the team. They will be in the portal in a year and this will implode fast.
There will be no shine playing for Deion at JSU. Do they really think they’re gonna be hanging out at his house and he’s gonna be giving them the star treatment? That’s the best way to lose a team. They’re gonna get down there and realize they made a big mistake when they’re lifting at LA fitness and walking around a campus that looks like most high schools, in the middle of nowhere everyday.

Advertisement
I get Deion is charismatic, youngish, black, alpha personality, etc. but these kids seriously choosing to play in Jackson, Mississippi is just mind boggling. Hunter is so good he could skip college all today and still go round one but the rest of them are making a pretty short sighted decision. Jackson State won't be ****e in a year or two when Deion bounces.

I get Deion is charismatic, youngish, black, alpha personality, etc. but these kids seriously choosing to play in Jackson, Mississippi is just mind boggling. Hunter is so good he could skip college all today and still go round one but the rest of them are making a pretty short sighted decision. Jackson State won't be ****e in a year or two when Deion bounces.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.03.40 PM.png

These ****ers are literally going to practice in a lunch pavilion... SMH

What money, Barstool paid the #1 player in the country with a real marketable attitude and image. That drew a lot of attention to himself and Barstool by going to an HBCU with Deon.

Barstool is not in links with JSU, Coleman did not get paid, the players want to play for Deon and "shock the world" playing alongside Hunter.

Stop with the BS, y'all acting like Barstool and Portnoy are JSU alumns that are willing to burn money so "almighty" JSU wins some games. No, Hunter got the deal because it will be profitable for Barstool and I have no doubt they will only give out deals if it will be profitable for their company. This isn't a Ruiz and Miami type deal.
They can’t beat sc state, they’re not shocking ****

Advertisement
View attachment 173768

These ****ers are literally going to practice in a lunch pavilion... SMH
That roof is so low you can't even throw the ball 30 yards down field.... Then again they may not even have a QB capable of that so it may not matter.
And whoever is gunna be running inside lane on that track when its raining is getting drenched lol.

Advertisement
We’re gonna have to start putting kids in contact with with NFL execs (Highsmith or Dan Morgan) to have them explain how going to JSU can hurt their careers. I mean how many 5 stars did we lose cause Bama was putting more players into the league? But now elite high school players are seriously considering JSU? There’s no way they have the same resources or have enough competition (teams they play or within the team) to get these players drafted highly.

That roof is so low you can't even throw the ball 30 yards down field.... Then again they may not even have a QB capable of that so it may not matter.
And whoever is gunna be running inside lane on that track when its raining is getting drenched lol.
I thought I was the only one to see that, I can’t stop laughin….let’s hope that snazzy design group sets them up with gutters.

Advertisement
We’re gonna have to start putting kids in contact with with NFL execs (Highsmith or Dan Morgan) to have them explain how going to JSU can hurt their careers. I mean how many 5 stars did we lose cause Bama was putting more players into the league? But now elite high school players are seriously considering JSU? There’s no way they have the same resources or have enough competition (teams they play or within the team) to get these players drafted highly.
If they believe in themselves the NFL will find them. If Dalvin Cook went to JSU he would still be a high pick trust that.

If they believe in themselves the NFL will find them. If Dalvin Cook went to JSU he would still be a high pick trust that.

I don't doubt they could still be high draft picks, maybe even first rounders. But why risk it?

Resources in terms of support staff and position coaches can make a big difference in player development. Playing solid competition allows players to show what they can do on film for NFL scouts, and competition within the team helps players push themselves to the next level, along with developing the work habits necessary to be successful in the NFL.

JSU is clearly not at the same level as Miami or other high end programs. I wouldn't risk messing with my development and my potential draft stock. Even if the players are so good they still get drafted high, there's a big difference in contract money between the 1st pick and the 32nd pick of the draft, even though they're both first rounders.

Like another poster mention, these kids are probably just going to transfer out anyway, so this is probably a moot point.

No not at all ….that will be dumb imo..we pay Mario 8 million to get it done so he needs to get it done…NFL gets talent from everywhere not just P5 schools..

I don't doubt they could still be high draft picks, maybe even first rounders. But why risk it?

Resources in terms of support staff and position coaches can make a big difference in player development. Playing solid competition allows players to show what they can do on film for NFL scouts, and competition within the team helps players push themselves to the next level, along with developing the work habits necessary to be successful in the NFL.

JSU is clearly not at the same level as Miami or other high end programs. I wouldn't risk messing with my development and my potential draft stock. Even if the players are so good they still get drafted high, there's a big difference in contract money between the 1st pick and the 32nd pick of the draft, even though they're both first rounders.

Like another poster mention, these kids are probably just going to transfer out anyway, so this is probably a moot point.

I highly doubt u would be saying this if any recruit that went to a HBCU wasn’t a recruit linked to us.
Furthermore HBCUs, while often overlooked, have produced a great crop of NFL HOFers &/or multiple pro bowl caliber players. Yes the resources r limited, just like other FCS schools, but if a player can play they can play.

Again, it was all laughs & giggles when Travis Hunter committed to JSU, but now Coleman (committed), along w/ possibly Perkins & Stewart having interest is the only reason U & other posters have a problem. Just keep it 100; u don’t give af about the perceived player development, u care if JSU is taking players off our plate. That’s fine, but this energy u posted, I’m sure it wasn’t towards Hunter.

If they wanna follow the bull chit Deion is selling, fine, but let’s not act like it’s no different than the bull chit all these P5 coaches are selling & they wind up in the vortex called the transfer portal.

Advertisement
Back