2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

His official visit was a disaster. Not gonna put it all on Cooney as there’s others involved with it being their exact job.. but I think Key was the only visitor that weekend or one of a small number of guys so it’s not acceptable. No one picked them up at the airport, no one was at his hotel when he got there, misspelled name on his name tag, they went to the stadium and his host bailed on him (Ivey - went to go smoke with Jeff Thomas in the parking lot before this event at Hard Rock - hence his suspension against UF stemmed from this day). I was posting about all of it on here as it was happening. Just not how you treat a priority

DVD ended up taking over and not leaving his side the whole weekend. Saved face a little bit because he was about to head home that night and he stayed.

As for Ivey, did coaches do anything after that incident? It would be pretty **** soft if the coaches allowed that type of behavior by kids who were supposed to be hosting recruits and setting the standard.

Advertisement
I would normally agree but u see how fast these kids be gaining weight and our LB core is weak sauce so there is a chance. I dont see how u keep Wes off the field as a TF, I expect him to have the job early in the season. U cant be trotting Flagg out there thats a huge red flag.
I expect Wes to put on at least 15 pounds immediately, personally I like him in a WILL type spot vs being inside.

Video 80S GIF

Advertisement
Isn’t he committing this weekend? Seems he’s already in the bag to ATM and just taking some free visits in January.

Lol I don’t even want to tease y’all with how interested perk WAS. It would have been the biggest win of my friends career if he managed it. And I was willing to pay for it. I was taking that trip to Miami around then anyway. But to be completely fair I don’t think it was up to HIM
If he was interested in Miami with Diaz in charge I can't see why that interest wouldn't increase with a competent HC.

Assuming he's not already signed paperwork of course.

Ivey needs to move on. Our culture was so toxic the past decade. I expect a lot more kids to hit the portal soon now that a real sherif is in town.

Would be a great story if this kid still ended up a Cane.

Advertisement
Same thing happened with a Tennessee LB in the 2021 class and 2 in the 2022 class. Legitimately interested and I put them on. Manny, Patke, and Baker wanted to recruit layups and nothing more
Lazy bums bro. They didn't want anyone they had to sell and convince. Just grabbed the first raggedy broad that came up in the strip club and they good lol

Pass on him at RB but a take all day at LB
Interesting how they have both him and Hunter playing both ways in this game. Hunter will probably play both ways at JSU but this will be the last time Perkins ever lined up at RB

Advertisement
Advertisement
I doubt anything changes but still, why not?
He said during his announcement that he’s committed to TAMU & will stick with them.

The interviewer then asked him, “So no visits then?” & Perkins said, “Nah, Ima still take’em anyway”.

He’s not committing or signing to any other team, he’s just going to take visits, a.k.a free trips.

He’s completely locked into TAMU.

He said during his announcement that he’s committed to TAMU & will stick with them.

The interviewer then asked him, “So no visits then?” & Perkins said, “Nah, Ima still take’em anyway”.

He’s not committing or signing to any other team, he’s just going to take visits, a.k.a free trips.

Then no reason to have him visit. I mean, he could always be swayed, but man, seems like what you said, he’s locked in,

Leave him at the airport then.

Advertisement
Back