2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

His official visit was a disaster. Not gonna put it all on Cooney as there’s others involved with it being their exact job.. but I think Key was the only visitor that weekend or one of a small number of guys so it’s not acceptable. No one picked them up at the airport, no one was at his hotel when he got there, misspelled name on his name tag, they went to the stadium and his host bailed on him (Ivey - went to go smoke with Jeff Thomas in the parking lot before this event at Hard Rock - hence his suspension against UF stemmed from this day). I was posting about all of it on here as it was happening. Just not how you treat a priority

DVD ended up taking over and not leaving his side the whole weekend. Saved face a little bit because he was about to head home that night and he stayed.
Thanks, I remember hearing bits and pieces of that story but not all in one place and mostly the Ivey portion. This totally explains the rap video that Key released later on that so many on here got upset with. I probably should've been clearer with my question. Are there other recruits that you're aware of besides Key where he dropped the ball?

Speaking of DVD, was really hoping he'd stay on in a recruiting role w/Mario, learn a bit under a real coach and then move on. Oh well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember hearing bits and pieces of that story but not all in one place, thanks. This totally explains the rap video that Key released later on that so many on here got upset with. I probably should've been clearer with my question. Are there other recruits that you're aware of besides Key where he dropped the ball?

Speaking of DVD, was really hoping he'd stay on in a recruiting role w/Mario, learn a bit under a real coach and then move on. Oh well.

He actually had a video made from his unofficial visit to Miami and was going to shoot more on his OV weekend to make a possible commitment video. That went out the door quick. He wasn’t going to commit when he did either that’s just how bad his visit was.

Can’t speak for other scenarios. All in all I’d say Cooney is pretty good in his role.

As for DVD I think he would have to go into an analyst role if he’s off-field because he’s spent a year recruiting as an on-field assistant. I’m not familiar with that exact rule but he can’t go into the recruiting dept again.

Thank goodness there’s a new staff in place. If y’all were friends, why wouldn’t he believe you? It doesn’t even matter anyhow. The season F‘d that away.

Obviously we won’t get everyone, but you have to do some diligence if you’re being told a highly ranked player is interested. Seriously, what did they have to lose? It’s not like they were flying cross country 🤦🏾‍♀️. I said elsewhere, its possible us “whiffing” on the QB MJJ a few years back from Oregon (and maybe even Flowe) are reasons why they aren’t trying to ”recruit” “too far“ 🙄.
I think it was more so not wanting to get *****ed at for “wasting time and resources” they wanted kids who really wanted to be canes, or in other words layups

Thanks, I remember hearing bits and pieces of that story but not all in one place and mostly the Ivey portion. This totally explains the rap video that Key released later on that so many on here got upset with. I probably should've been clearer with my question. Are there other recruits that you're aware of besides Key where he dropped the ball?

I posted a few weeks ago he was unlikely because of going on field , he can’t go back off field. So it was obvious he was the odd man out. Out of him and T tob it’s a no brainer.

@SouthParkCane , can we infer anything about Ish staying on the staff (onfield or recruiting) given that Perkins was convinced to visit here? Wasn't Ish his lead recruiter?
Ish is the man. I don’t know what role he’ll have going forward but he 100% helps. I’ve never met coach cristobal myself but from everything I hear he carries the kind of aura that will get perk‘s attention. He admittedly finds jimbo boring but A&M gets first dibs on all the cypress area kids

Advertisement
I think it was more so not wanting to get *****ed at for “wasting time and resources” they wanted kids who really wanted to be canes, or in other words layups
Okay. Thanks for answering our Qs, as you didn’t have too.

And I somewhat understand, but at the end of the day, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take,
🤷🏾‍♀️. On to a better staff now.

Advertisement
His official visit was a disaster. Not gonna put it all on Cooney as there’s others involved with it being their exact job.. but I think Key was the only visitor that weekend or one of a small number of guys so it’s not acceptable. No one picked them up at the airport, no one was at his hotel when he got there, misspelled name on his name tag, they went to the stadium and his host bailed on him (Ivey - went to go smoke with Jeff Thomas in the parking lot before this event at Hard Rock - hence his suspension against UF stemmed from this day). I was posting about all of it on here as it was happening. Just not how you treat a priority

DVD ended up taking over and not leaving his side the whole weekend. Saved face a little bit because he was about to head home that night and he stayed.
Wow what a bunch of fuq ups

So Mario is some sucker that just brings players in for free visits? That's what one would believe by reading the comments here.

Obviously that's not the case and while it may be an uphill battle, Mario thinks there's a chance.

Love the keep him away from Shemar. Like this guy is gonna cast a spell on him or something resulting in him being whisked away to Texas. Welcome to 2021, there's these things called phones and you can even video call on them.
I don’t get all the people upset with free trips as if they are paying for it…. Who ******* cares? If you get just one a year of these swings it’s worth it.

Advertisement

I remember this

U cant take advantage of Mario but Mario will take advantage of that "free trip", Mario always has a shot and if Stewart in his ear u never know. Immediate playing time for him and Wes side by side as TF.
Wes is too small for significant playing time in a 3-4 as a freshman. He’s probably too small if we were going 4-3 as well.

Advertisement
Wes is too small for significant playing time in a 3-4 as a freshman. He’s probably too small if we were going 4-3 as well.
I would normally agree but u see how fast these kids be gaining weight and our LB core is weak sauce so there is a chance. I dont see how u keep Wes off the field as a TF, I expect him to have the job early in the season. U cant be trotting Flagg out there thats a huge red flag.

I would normally agree but u see how fast these kids be gaining weight and our LB core is weak sauce so there is a chance. I dont see how u keep Wes off the field as a TF, I expect him to have the job early in the season. U cant be trotting Flagg out there thats a huge red flag.
We’re taking transfers at LB bro. Wes isn’t gonna see the field probably til 2023.

He actually had a video made from his unofficial visit to Miami and was going to shoot more on his OV weekend to make a possible commitment video. That went out the door quick. He wasn’t going to commit when he did either that’s just how bad his visit was.

Can’t speak for other scenarios. All in all I’d say Cooney is pretty good in his role.

As for DVD I think he would have to go into an analyst role if he’s off-field because he’s spent a year recruiting as an on-field assistant. I’m not familiar with that exact rule but he can’t go into the recruiting dept again.
Something about Cooney always rubbed me the wrong way. It started with the Ridge kid loyalty but it's also the stories like this and others rumors about the WR room, etc, as well as some of the things he posts on social media. I get that he's connected to the SoFla football scene, so i completely understand the value in keeping him around, but as an outside fan, he's not the staff member i put a ton of faith/trust in.....similar to the Patke feelings of many the last few years.

When it came to recruiting, i was MUCH more a DVD fan than Cooney fan. It's a shame to see DVD move on but it had to be that way once he was on-field.

Advertisement
Back