2022 Harold Perkins — 2022 LB; Picks LSU

So Mario is some sucker that just brings players in for free visits? That's what one would believe by reading the comments here.

Obviously that's not the case and while it may be an uphill battle, Mario thinks there's a chance.

Love the keep him away from Shemar. Like this guy is gonna cast a spell on him or something resulting in him being whisked away to Texas. Welcome to 2021, there's these things called phones and you can even video call on them.

Advertisement
Smh… I can kind of understand why he didn’t , but what does it hurt to actually check? Probably wouldn’t have mattered, with the way our season ended. Still have to see what’s what if you told him there was interest.
I don’t want to pile on my friend cuz it gets worse. Just know he dropped the ball and I could have had the kid on campus in September

Advertisement
Yeah he wanted to get out there. I told patke this personally and he didn’t believe me. I think it’s way too late but he was very interested and it was real
Same thing happened with a Tennessee LB in the 2021 class and 2 in the 2022 class. Legitimately interested and I put them on. Manny, Patke, and Baker wanted to recruit layups and nothing more

Same thing happened with a Tennessee LB in the 2021 class and 2 in the 2022 class. Legitimately interested and I put them on. Manny, Patke, and Baker wanted to recruit layups and nothing more
Incompetence at its finest I tell you. A complete joke of a coaching staff we had. Again, what does it hurt to see what’s up???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good, you shouldn’t as a friend. I honestly wouldn’t even want to know tbh 😭.
Lol I don’t even want to tease y’all with how interested perk WAS. It would have been the biggest win of my friends career if he managed it. And I was willing to pay for it. I was taking that trip to Miami around then anyway. But to be completely fair I don’t think it was up to HIM

Lol I don’t even want to tease y’all with how interested perk WAS. It would have been the biggest win of my friends career if he managed it. And I was willing to pay for it. I was taking that trip to Miami around then anyway. But to be completely fair I don’t think it was up to HIM
Thank goodness there’s a new staff in place. If y’all were friends, why wouldn’t he believe you? It doesn’t even matter anyhow. The season F‘d that away.

Obviously we won’t get everyone, but you have to do some diligence if you’re being told a highly ranked player is interested. Seriously, what did they have to lose? It’s not like they were flying cross country 🤦🏾‍♀️. I said elsewhere, its possible us “whiffing” on the QB MJJ a few years back from Oregon (and maybe even Flowe) are reasons why they aren’t trying to ”recruit” “too far“ 🙄.

Incompetence at it’s finest I tell you. A complete joke of a coaching staff we had. Again, what does it hurt to see what’s up???
Nothing at all. All of them were willing to pay for an unofficial visit to prove their interest. Staff wouldn’t even reach out.

I was actually decently acquainted with Andy Vaughn for almost a decade and burnt that bridge over the 2021 kid. Granted 2 of them were on the smaller side (as big or bigger than most of our targets anyway) but they were all mid-low 4* guys with plenty of offers.

Same thing happened to Key Lawrence essentially. They wanted it handed to them and not to recruit him very hard. I got him down there in a 7v7 tournament and they all toured campus. Screwed up his OV after that. Cooney blocked me on Twitter and blocked my number after that one. I was on his *** during that OV. Wouldn’t mind seeing him gone too.

Advertisement
I don’t want to pile on my friend cuz it gets worse. Just know he dropped the ball and I could have had the kid on campus in September
@SouthParkCane , can we infer anything about Ish staying on the staff (onfield or recruiting) given that Perkins was convinced to visit here? Wasn't Ish his lead recruiter?

Cooney blocked me on Twitter and blocked my number after that one. I was on his *** during that OV. Wouldn’t mind seeing him gone too.
This is the first I'm hearing about Cooney dropping the ball on recruiting. Do you have any other nuggets you can share w/us?

This is the first I'm hearing about Cooney dropping the ball on recruiting. Do you have any other nuggets you can share w/us?

His official visit was a disaster. Not gonna put it all on Cooney as there’s others involved with it being their exact job.. but I think Key was the only visitor that weekend or one of a small number of guys so it’s not acceptable. No one picked them up at the airport, no one was at his hotel when he got there, misspelled name on his name tag, they went to the stadium and his host bailed on him (Ivey - went to go smoke with Jeff Thomas in the parking lot before this event at Hard Rock - hence his suspension against UF stemmed from this day). I was posting about all of it on here as it was happening. Just not how you treat a priority

DVD ended up taking over and not leaving his side the whole weekend. Saved face a little bit because he was about to head home that night and he stayed.

Advertisement
Nothing at all. All of them were willing to pay for an unofficial visit to prove their interest. Staff wouldn’t even reach out.

I was actually decently acquainted with Andy Vaughn for almost a decade and burnt that bridge over the 2021 kid. Granted 2 of them were on the smaller side (as big or bigger than most of our targets anyway) but they were all mid-low 4* guys with plenty of offers.

Same thing happened to Key Lawrence essentially. They wanted it handed to them and not to recruit him very hard. I got him down there in a 7v7 tournament and they all toured campus. Screwed up his OV after that. Cooney blocked me on Twitter and blocked my number after that one. I was on his *** during that OV. Wouldn’t mind seeing him gone too.
You can’t make this stuff up! 😂😂😂😂 Good on you for doing that though. Those clowns needed to know they sucked and should have been recruiting these players you and others have let them know about recruits that are/were interested.

His official visit was a disaster. Not gonna put it all on Cooney as there’s others involved with it being their exact job.. but I think Key was the only visitor that weekend or one of a small number of guys so it’s not acceptable. No one picked them up at the airport, no one was at his hotel when he got there, misspelled name on his name tag, they went to the stadium and his host bailed on him (Ivey - went to go smoke with Jeff Thomas in the parking lot before this event at Hard Rock - hence his suspension against UF stemmed from this day). I was posting about all of it on here as it was happening. Just not how you treat a priority

DVD ended up taking over and not leaving his side the whole weekend. Saved face a little bit because he was about to head home that night and he stayed.

Wow

That's crazy

Advertisement
Back