CFB Harbaugh Reaches Peak Harbum

Advertisement
You can't make this shït up👇

When this is even a focus for .000001 secs, you've lost the plot.
seeing your thread title, i immediately realized that harbaugh has officially entered what Bill Simmons calls "The Tyson Zone", where he has become so outlandish that if you read anything weird about harbaugh, you would believe it to be true.

for my money, i figured it was either "harbaugh eats leather boot in front of team" or "harbaugh, 4-star recruit race barefoot on the highway during rush hour"

So crazy to me how he went from an absolute star coaching commodity to a fading star in a few years. Success is so fleeting.

Advertisement
seeing your thread title, i immediately realized that harbaugh has officially entered what Bill Simmons calls "The Tyson Zone", where he has become so outlandish that if you read anything weird about harbaugh, you would believe it to be true.

for my money, i figured it was either "harbaugh eats leather boot in front of team" or "harbaugh, 4-star recruit race barefoot on the highway during rush hour"

I'd call that Florida Man syndrome.

Randy Shannon-esque when he took the names off the jerseys as some lame motivational ploy. I hate OSU but man, I'm going to love when UM loses to them again.

Still, I'm shocked JH hasn't turned that program around. The guy is a legit coach and turned SF into a monster and along the way, managed to make a dingbat QB a monster pro. What a colossal disappointment he's been.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon-esque when he took the names off the jerseys as some lame motivational ploy. I hate OSU but man, I'm going to love when UM loses to them again.

Still, I'm shocked JH hasn't turned that program around. The guy is a legit coach and turned SF into a monster and along the way, managed to make a dingbat QB a monster pro. What a colossal disappointment he's been.
Question:

Is Harbaugh an example of lightning in a bottle with right person at right place (San Fran) at right time?

Urban Meyer banned the word Michigan the second he got to OSU. Rivalries create fun scenarios. At Norland, nobody wore Orange to school unless it had a UM or FAMU logo on it because fck Carol City.

Advertisement
People talk about Miami not caring about football and Michigan has 10x the resources and pays this loser $8 million a year. How he still has a job there is incomprehensible.
I can tell you, but you probably already know why. Jim is a good coach and teacher, but he's too weird and sometimes disrespectful to many. His problem is two fold: the decline of the auto industry saw most of the AA workers released first. Decimating their recruiting pool. Secondly he can't beat or equal recruit osu. He even came up with satellite camps, I think, sleeping at a kids house and confronting opposing coaches after an *** whipping. Dude just weird.

I can tell you, but you probably already know why. Jim is a good coach and teacher, but he's too weird and sometimes disrespectful to many. His problem is two fold: the decline of the auto industry saw most of the AA workers released first. Decimating their recruiting pool. Secondly he can't beat or equal recruit osu. He even came up with satellite camps, I think, sleeping at a kids house and confronting opposing coaches after an *** whipping. Dude just weird.

Agree with most here but find it hard to believe that Michigan was heavily reliant on a recruiting pool that is not traditionally nationally significant. My guess why he hasn't been fired is his buyout is huge, but he has not come anywhere near the success that his salary demands. I believe in patience with HC's, but his time seems up.

I just find it funny that this fanbase is so up in arms that we're not winning rings every year when programs like Texas, Michigan, Tennessee, Georgia, et al each have one ring in the last 40 years. It's not that easy to win a natty, and much, much more difficult for a small, private school.

Nah, he's a really good coach. He took Stanford and SF from toilet to powers during this tenure.
But is he? Good coaches adapt. It seems that Harbaugh has struggled to adapt to the more modern, spread offenses that have taken over in CFB since he experienced success at Stanford. It's almost as if his style is now outdated and he hasn't adapted to have success in this era.

Advertisement
But is he? Good coaches adapt. It seems that Harbaugh has struggled to adapt to the more modern, spread offenses that have taken over in CFB since he experienced success at Stanford. It's almost as if his style is now outdated and he hasn't adapted to have success in this era.

He is struggling at Michigan, no doubt. But, you can't criticize him for not adapting when he did just that at SF. He had to completely change the offense back in SF and moved to a RPO/read zone offense with a rookie QB after Smith went down. I think that's shows he can adapt.

Whatever he's trying at Michigan ain't working. Can it be due to the fact that he's not adapting now? Perhaps, but I wouldn't label him as a coach who never has adapted.

He is struggling at Michigan, no doubt. But, you can't criticize him for not adapting when he did just that at SF. He had to completely change the offense back in SF and moved to a RPO/read zone offense with a rookie QB after Smith went down. I think that's shows he can adapt.

Whatever he's trying at Michigan ain't working. Can it be due to the fact that he's not adapting now? Perhaps, but I wouldn't label him as a coach who never has adapted.
He hasn’t been able to recruit a QB. He needs another Andrew Luck.

Advertisement
Back