Half full perspective

CaneAlmighty

Band
Banned
This beat down of epic proportions is exactly what this staff needed. In particular Golden.
We all can agree that Golden is no dummy. That he is capable of adjusting his plan and vision of the team at a whims notice.
But a methodical guy like Al won't change course unless something is blatantly wrong. Last year we lost all our games by single digits.
While losing garners attention, playing games close down to the wire may signal will not cause drastic changes to be made. If anything one can convince themselves that that is a good thing and shows the team is competitive and headed in the right direction. Heck most us pointed to that fact as justification of optimism going into this season.
Getting blown out 52-13 in embarrassing fashion changes that perspective quickly. There is no mistaking this as mere growing pains. It's not. This should sound a red alarm that something is seriously fundamentally wrong with the ways things are headed and that changes need to be made asap.
And if we trust that Al Golden is smart and humble enough to know that things need to be reevaluated than there is still reason for hope.

So here's to hoping that Golden and staff hear this alarm loud and clear and react accordingly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really hope so, man. I'm not selling my season tickets and I'm certainly not giving up on Golden. But today was hard to watch. Like, Randy Shannon era hard to watch.

I know that this time it actually is different, though. I know that our beatdown at the hands of the Wildcats shouldn't portend the same mediocrity as the beatdowns from UVA in '07 or GT in '08. Let's take it one game at a time and give our Canes as much support as we can. There is something at work here that is different from the processes of the previous two regimes.

To quote Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: "Well, kid, you lost. But that doesn't mean you have to like it."

We had 20+ rushes and gained 49 yds. I am disgusted by what I saw today. Stephen Morris to me is "not the guy" I'm sorry he may not throw int's, but he does not get rid of the ball. He has very little pocket presence and needs to avoid the big shot.

Well, I'm just glad that we don't have guys like Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter. We clearly don't miss them at all, right CaneAlmighty?

if we just get a push up front and beat up klein a lil bit its a different story, but everything fell apart like a snowball effect and the refs were horse****, also if we dont make mental errors out of position and fumbles were in the game but these things can be fixed

Advertisement
Well, I'm just glad that we don't have guys like Lamar Miller and Tommy Streeter. We clearly don't miss them at all, right CaneAlmighty?
You really think having Miller and Streeter would have helped yesterday?
Pay attention, this is not a player issue. The problems we're seeing are coaching issues.

Pay attention, this is not a player issue. The problems we're seeing are coaching issues.

They would have made a difference. **** throw in Forston, Vernon and Armstrong it would have made a huge difference anyone saying elsewise is crazy.

Um, yes. Are you serious :ibisroflmao:

bring something to the table. A laughing Ibis doesn't cut it.

Advertisement

They would have made a difference. **** throw in Forston, Vernon and Armstrong it would have made a huge difference anyone saying elsewise is crazy.

Vernon, Ray Ray yes. We still would have gotten rolled though. Again, this is coaching scheme issue.

You are the guy who dismissed an 800 yard receiver and a 1200 yard running back because of a 'cap on yards.' I'm thinking you don't live in the same world as everyone else.

You are the guy who dismissed an 800 yard receiver and a 1200 yard running back because of a 'cap on yards.' I'm thinking you don't live in the same world as everyone else.

Ok let's try to make this worthwhile.
What's the score had Miller and Streeter stayed? I'll hang up and listen.. Thanks.

This is obviously bigger than personnel. Miller and Streeter don't change squat. Sure, we are young and inexperienced, but nothing last years draft class would help. C'mon guys.

Advertisement
stopped reading at "epic beat down is just what the coaches need"

beatdowns are never good. there is no silver lining realistically. we suck. and are years away at minimum. sad day

lol, BS, we have the worst lines 30 years or more.

This is obviously bigger than personnel. Miller and Streeter don't change squat. Sure, we are young and inexperienced, but nothing last years draft class would help. C'mon guys.

Watch Bama or LSU and you will see what we need, great lines

Advertisement
To me this is a huge point for Golden, does he admit the scheme is flawed and make changes accordingly, or does he continue status quo and allow the defense to go down as the worst in school history.

Hopefully he can learn a little from stubborn Randy and make changes when the problem appears instead of ignoring the issue and continue allowing the defense to get abused.

lol, BS, we have the worst lines 30 years or more.

Umm, the lines performance is coaching. Physically this line matches up with any in the country.

Advertisement
Back